Hot or Not? 5150

Mine is the bumblebee:
ba7270f97e1f475a05d9507c58160954.jpg

The original, by the way, is buried with Dimebag Darrell. http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists...d-with-one-of-rocks-most-iconic-guitars/49776

Now I've developed a morbid curiosity as to what effect the decomposition of a human body would have the sound of a guitar. Would it initially add a lot of detrimental moisture to the guitar, but them when it dried out again would there be any difference in sound? Obviously the perception of the guitar would change, but by the time the experiment were to play out, there wouldn't be a real frame of reference...until we get a time machine.

And even then, would any difference be due to being stored in a coffin with a decomposing body or just the further natural aging of the instrument?

If time travel has occurred, hopefully someone will have stumbled upon this thread and be able to provide us with an answer...NOW!

Now I've developed a morbid curiosity as to what effect the decomposition of a human body would have the sound of a guitar. Would it initially add a lot of detrimental moisture to the guitar, but them when it dried out again would there be any difference in sound? Obviously the perception of the guitar would change, but by the time the experiment were to play out, there wouldn't be a real frame of reference...until we get a time machine.

And even then, would any difference be due to being stored in a coffin with a decomposing body or just the further natural aging of the instrument?

If time travel has occurred, hopefully someone will have stumbled upon this thread and be able to provide us with an answer...NOW!

Talk about relicing .....

The 16 year old me would love that guitar. I suppose if I ever won the lottery I would buy one, but there are a ton of guitars I would buy before it.

Here's a conundrum...of sorts.

My favorite VH albums are 1984, 5150, and OU812. They are pretty much the only ones I enjoy listening to, although I don't listen to them particularly often. They are least bogged down by DLR (w/ two obviously not having any of his involvement) of the VH albums I like. Anyway, just did a quick serach and Eddie says the 5150 was main guitar he used for 1984 (if his memory is to be trusted: http://www.guitarworld.com/eddie-van-halen-looks-back-van-halen-1984-album-5150-studios?page=4). It's definitely the guitar he toured with for the the 5150 and OU812 tours. Nostagilcally, it would theoretically be my favorite sounding VH guitar.

That said, the slight variation on the Strat body that Kramer used on the Pacer and Baretta has always looked wrong and ugly to me. Yet Eddie's paint job totally suits the guitar. I would never bother buying one, but it strangely has more appeal than the original (or any of it's multitude of iterations).

Stupid long disjointed answer...as per my usual.

Back