Hot or Not? 5150

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Strpe5150RBW-large.jpg

Oozing with 5150 Vibe and Performance
The EVH Striped Series 5150 evokes the vibe and performance of Eddie Van Halen's famous red, white, and black striped solidbody electric guitar. This axe's growling tone starts with a basswood body. A custom-designed bridge humbucker delivers full lows, crisp highs, and hot-rodded mids that exhibit truckloads of crunch and singing sustain. Experience extreme playability by way of a quartersawn modified C-shaped maple neck with hand-rubbed back finish. And perform extreme dive-bombs with an EVH Floyd Rose tremolo. The EVH Striped Series 5150 solidbody electric guitar is a fitting tribute, right down to its "hockey stick" headstock.

Quality-built for high-speed performance
From its basswood body and eye-catching striped finish to its quartersawn maple neck, the EVH Striped Series just screams quality. This gorgeous guitar is made for serious playing, with a compound-radius fingerboard (12"-16") for chording to soloing comfort, an EVH Floyd Rose locking tremolo system (complete with D-Tuna), and a hard-mounted EVH Wolfgang Alnico II humbucker. And an EVH low-friction volume pot creates swells without clicks or pops. The guitarists here at Sweetwater love how this axe's components come together. It plays like a dream.

The most recognizable EVH guitar finishes
Van Halen's most recognizable instruments are his striped Frankenstein guitars. EVH has reproduced the same look and feel of these early guitars for today's market. These single-pickup Floyd Rose maple fretboard guitars mean business. The striped finish can be seen for miles and is unmistakable. Show your Van Halen pride and pick up an EVH Striped Series guitar today!

Dive-bomb like a pro with a Floyd Rose tremolo
Perform awesome dips, warbles, and dive-bombs on the EVH Striped Series's EVH Floyd Rose tremolo. This is the tremolo that rockers have been drawn to for its accuracy and tuning stability. The cool EVH D-Tuna lets you change your low-E string tuning to D with the simple flick of your wrist.

EVH Striped Series 5150 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
  • Based on Eddie Van Halen's signature red, white, and black striped guitar
  • Basswood body provides a solid base for this axe's growling tone
  • Custom-designed humbucker delivers full lows, crisp highs, and hot-rodded mids
  • Extremely playable quartersawn modified C-shaped maple neck with hand-rubbed back finish
  • EVH Floyd Rose tremolo for performing extreme bends and dive-bombs
  • D-Tuna instantly drops your low-E string tuning to D
  • Low-friction volume knob for creating swells with

Not a fan of the hockeystick headstock, and I am not a big enough Eddie fan to get this, but at least it's not a horrible offset with P90s

Nope....I'm jot a fan of signature guitars per se. This is a VERY cool guitar for Eddie, but not for me.

I guess if you are a huge VH fan this would be good. Wait, I am a huge VH fan, and I still don't really want it. I mean, it would be fun to play some VH riffs for a while, but it is an iconic guitar finish that is instantly recognizable even to non guitar players, and as such I think it might be too much Ed's guitar and not enough mine. Cool for a collector, probably fun as hell, but ultimately not for me.

Not my thang
But, if I wanted a EVH guitar, it would scratch that itch for some of my favorite period of VH

eddie621.jpg

Of EVH's guitars it's been the B&W one that I Identified with.

This one is cool though, but that headstock must be a nail in Kramer's coffin. I thought they were the only ones who could use it?

Of EVH's guitars it's been the B&W one that I Identified with.

This one is cool though, but that headstock must be a nail in Kramer's coffin. I thought they were the only ones who could use it?
It's slightly different than the actual Kramer headstock, which is a brand that Gibson has actually kept alive and active.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Typically design protections for guitar parts can be skirted by slightly changing the design. And in this case the guitar is clearly not a Kramer, so Gibson would be nuts to make a claim on the basis of confusion. If this was coming from a small builder Gibson could bully them anyway, but Eddie has enough money that he can give Gibson a thrashing in court, and they want to avoid that, so they'll probably ignore it.

Back