GPOTD 5.24.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
box45gmbdwleszc3ah2w.jpg

cjylp3pjaagg3ekusidc.jpg

kozk8b0jmpr12osqkudi.jpg

khurcnvuxqbqsuu6lxbx.jpg

Collings City Limits Deluxe all mahogany doghair - Stephens Pig 90 pickups

OK this guitar is by far the best "Les Paulish" guitar I've ever had but I always go to my beater strat - so I am putting it the block.

The condition is exceptional. you can barely see the beginning of fretwear on the cowboy chords but I can't feel it - the guitar plays like butter. I've taken the most unflattering pic I can with my iphone to show this but I do not think think the guitar needs dressing. It plays and intonates amazing.

I am attaching a link to where this exact guitar - this serial number - was sold new. I'm the second or third owner.

The previous owner upgraded the pickups to Stephens Pig Ninety. The originals are in the case. I often contemplated trying to put a bucker back in the neck but I could never pull the trigger. I would never swap back the bridge pickup - this guitar dimed on the bridge pickup is beautiful sounding.

Sound, playability, looks are all off the chain - this is a wonderful guitar. 8.0 pounds exactly.

With original Collings Case in excellent condition.

https://reverb.com/item/3581120-col...-all-mahogany-doghair-stephens-pig-90-pickups

On the fence.
I've liked dog hair finishes that I've seen in the past, but something about that one seems not right in my eyes.
Maybe the same guitar with a bit of a different grain pattern.

I've always been interested in checking out one of the Taylor or Collings electrics, but I've never actually seen one in person.

How is this ANY different than a Gibson LP (other than it has dot inlays)?

I mean......couldn't I just buy a LP and put those pickups in it?

Like it, just don't see the point.

Of course, that could be argued for almost any guitar, I guess......

You can buy one sight unseen and know you're getting a quality instrument. It's a bigger risk with Gibson.

Quality and craftsmanship is miles above Gibson.

Back