GPOTD 5/15 Emergency Pic

Rick 381

Boob Enthusiast
OK, something is seriously the matter with me. If there's no GPOTD I have to find one, For some reason in my head there has to be one. So, here's something to fill my OCD need for a GPOTD.

upload_2017-5-15_19-31-17.png

upload_2017-5-15_19-31-36.png

upload_2017-5-15_19-32-6.png

1940 Gibson ES-300 archtop guitar RARE pre-war early Gibson electric

This is a wonderful instrument…the king of pre-war electric Jazz guitars. It has the long pickup which was used roughly one year. Blonde finish with very nice maple figuring! This was Gibson’s top-of-the-line electric model and was considered state-of-the-art.

Guitar is missing its pickguard. Otherwise in very nice condition…particularly for a guitar that is 75 years old!!!! Original hardshell case.

This is a very nice example of an historic early Gibson electric.

$9995

You're not alone....I look for the GPOTD everyday too!!

This guitar, for its historic value is pretty cool. But certainly nothing I'm interested in.

Should have waited a while longer. While I was posting Sunvalleylaw got it posted. Patience is not one of my virtues, assuming I have any.

Should have waited a while longer. While I was posting Sunvalleylaw got it posted. Patience is not one of my virtues, assuming I have any.
Good things come to those who wait. :) Don't worry, I will have one ready for coffee time tomorrow, Mountain Time.

Interesting. I've seen a lot of guitars in my day, and I've never seen that pickup before.

Meh. I doubt that spruce top is doing much for the sound with that massive pickup tacked on. And the pickup looks like shit. For collectors only.

Meh. I doubt that spruce top is doing much for the sound with that massive pickup tacked on. And the pickup looks like shit. For collectors only.

The top isn't doing much with any pickup attached to it. And if you float a pickup, it's feedback city.

I think those pre-war ES-300s with the funky angle pickup are sooo cool! I wouldn't mind having one, but they're seriously rare and expensive.

Back