GPOTD 5.12.17

The Arcturus is one heck of a nice guitar. I loved mine but had to sell it for financial reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose I meant both....I know you have TOM and buckers available on you're builds.
I've always been more drawn toward Gibson aesthetic styles than Fender.
I had asked you a while back about TOM on a Titan but you said you didn't have plans for that....so that was a bummer. I like the titan for the guitar that it is at that price range but I'd personally prefer a TOM bridge but I can see how a different style bridge may be more cost effective.
My above post was kind of meant jokingly since I know you have the appointments I mentioned in the Kauer lineup, they are just out of my price range at the moment.

I'm sure it is good quality, etc.....but at some point, why not just buy a Fender?

That's why I didn't make a bolt on 'fender flavored' version of Daylighter for nearly a decade. Eventually I did though because I thought I could bring a few things to the table that regular JM's didn't have for me:

1. Angled neck pocket. JM's should have this, every tech who has ever setup a JM realizes this. The bridge does a 1000 times better with some neck angle.
2. Universal pup pocket. You can't fit anything but JM pickups in a JM without routing it out. So that rules out so many great pickup choices (wideranges, goldfoils, p90's, humbuckers, filtertrons ect). I hate being stuck with limited options.
3. It's a "jazzmaster" with out some of the extra things that I just don't need (like the rhythm circuit, a volume control that is massively in the way ect).
4. I wanted a full 22 fret neck with out the strat style overhang. Personal preference but what I wanted.

It's one of those things. It covers a niche that Fender can't/won't. It's not like we made thousands of them. It had a good run and we've moved onto making new things. Don't forget, I really just built the first Arcturus because I wanted a "strat" again. :wink: It only got the Mastery option later.

156810283.jpg

The main bonus of this is it led directly to a lot of Titan's development.

That's why I didn't make a bolt on 'fender flavored' version of Daylighter for nearly a decade. Eventually I did though because I thought I could bring a few things to the table that regular JM's didn't have for me:

1. Angled neck pocket. JM's should have this, every tech who has ever setup a JM realizes this. The bridge does a 1000 times better with some neck angle.
2. Universal pup pocket. You can't fit anything but JM pickups in a JM without routing it out. So that rules out so many great pickup choices (wideranges, goldfoils, p90's, humbuckers, filtertrons ect). I hate being stuck with limited options.
3. It's a "jazzmaster" with out some of the extra things that I just don't need (like the rhythm circuit, a volume control that is massively in the way ect).
4. I wanted a full 22 fret neck with out the strat style overhang. Personal preference but what I wanted.

It's one of those things. It covers a niche that Fender can't/won't. It's not like we made thousands of them. It had a good run and we've moved onto making new things. Don't forget, I really just built the first Arcturus because I wanted a "strat" again. :wink: It only got the Mastery option later.

156810283.jpg

The main bonus of this is it led directly to a lot of Titan's development.

Oh my. That's kinda lovely.

If that had a tele bridge, I'd probably have an erection right now.

Back