$487 in Reverb bucks, what to buy?

One more pitch for the P/J. FWIW, Phil O'Keefe (can I mention him here? lolololol ....) agreed with me on his review: great SS bass, fret ends a little sharp*, pickups were terrific, overall 'feel' of the bass was +++.

The reason I mentioned that I am FMIC-centric is that I am often particularly cynical about their products in this price range. Despite more-knowledgeable and -talented guitarists saying how much they like standard MIM's, I don't. (Or I should say I actually have found MIAsian FMIC guitars to have a higher batting average than MIM standards, because really it's all about find 'the nice one').

I played 3 P/Js, and ALL were significantly above my experience of MIM standards. I did trade the one I bought online for one at the store, but that was just because the one at the store was a smidge nicer and me and the manager had tweaked the set up. The mail order one was fine, too. And the pickups are really, really transparent. I don't do high-gain bass, but geez, it sounds excellent. Neck profile is just on the slim side of "the usual," and the tiny things that Fender tends to screw up in less-pricy guitars (neck joint, nut cut; correct seating of bridge) are done well.

Plus, you know: sonic blue.

I have about 6-8 basses, and it's the one that I reach for first all the time.

Man, I absolutely love mine.

This is a good price on the one I have, and it is a very well built and beautiful sounding reso (it's also A/E)

https://reverb.com/item/6933005-dobro-hound-dog-resonator-guitar

And buy a few slides, and a pedal.
That is nice, but one of those pictures is obviously a different guitar. This one has a cutout. :shrug:

hejzzkamccnmzzlhr5wb.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Up to $664 in Reverb bucks. Still can't decide how to use it. Leading contenders:

--Short scale bass and amp or DI/preamp.

-- Resonator

-- Used Orange Rocker 15.

-- Fender Duo Sonic (still not off the list)

-- Mojotone amp kit to build with the kiddo.

-- Savings account.

Tough call. I'm trying to decide on a bass or an acoustic for my next purchase. I'm leaning bass, because knowing myself, I'll probably never pickup the acoustic.

Tough call. I'm trying to decide on a bass or an acoustic for my next purchase. I'm leaning bass, because knowing myself, I'll probably never pickup the acoustic.

I have one cheap acoustic. It looks nice hanging on the wall.

Those MIM duo sonics are sweet. I got one a while back and I really dig it. The necks on the maple board ones seem to have a slightly different feel than the rosewood offsets and they feel great IMO. I love the underwound single coils. Very cool little aguitar. You should get one. Even if you have the Mustang90.

Back