GPOTD 4.16.17

VoidTerraFirma

Live to wine
I'll be handling GPOTD duties this week. Big shoes to fill, I know. And away we go...

Used Bolin Fiddleback Maple from the Steve Miller Collection.

https://www.themusiczoo.com/collect...ody-fiddleback-maple-electric-guitar-sunburst

IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG

That looks really nice. I'm curious what the fret markers are, though. I can't see 'em real well in that pic.

Needs MORE binding!!!!!!!!!

S'alright, but I'd rather a Heritage for dual cut thinline, but would prefer a Godin Montreal Premier were I going to get a thinline.

Except for the flame and the fret markers, I like it.

The fact that Steve Miller owned it doesn't add any value for me, but I bet anyone would sound awesome playing Jungle Love on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nice but not used and $5000 nice.

What should a top shelf handbuilt custom semi-hollow built by former Fender CS guy & owned by a classic rock icon go for? I don't know what Bolin's price would be for something like this but when you start pricing small shop boutique semi-hollows, 5 grand isn't the deep end of the pool.

Miller went on a custom built guitar bender for a bunch of years, commissioning guitars from a bunch of different builders but he did a lot of them with Bolin. He had somewhere north of 450 guitars at one point before he started selling off some of his collection a handful of years ago. Though you have to chuckle that they throw this up on their site w/ zero specs or info other than it was part of Miller's collection.......

What should a top shelf handbuilt custom semi-hollow built by former Fender CS guy & owned by a classic rock icon go for? I don't know what Bolin's price would be for something like this but when you start pricing small shop boutique semi-hollows, 5 grand isn't the deep end of the pool.

Miller went on a custom built guitar bender for a bunch of years, commissioning guitars from a bunch of different builders but he did a lot of them with Bolin. He had somewhere north of 450 guitars at one point before he started selling off some of his collection a handful of years ago. Though you have to chuckle that they throw this up on their site w/ zero specs or info other than it was part of Miller's collection.......
Idk the answer to that question but for me, not being a collector I personally wouldn't buy a guitar like this regardless of who owned or built it.
I recently saw a JCM 900 on ebay(?) that was owned at one time by Paul Stanley and the seller was pricing it according to the fact that Stanley owned it. To me, because it makes it an item that I wouldn't want to gig with, the fact that someone famous owned it decreases its value to me.
Like I said I'm not a collector, I'm a player so I wouldn't consider something I couldn't play.
That said I'm sure it's a fantastic instrument and it's cool that Bolin owned it, but for me, at $5K that's a no way....
But I get you're point.

Back