3 new pedals and 6 new preamp tubes

sleewell

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I made it 8 months without buying any gear and kinda splurged last week. picked up a fuzzhugger algal bloom, mxr phase 90 and an eqd organizer. I also got new preamp tubes for my fuchs viper. went with 3 JJs and 3 Ruby AC5s.

I have band practice tonight so just basic first impressions:

algal bloom: really nice fuzz face style fuzz that is surprisingly versatile. the starve knob is really cool, it simulates a dying battery which gets fun. I was looking for a fuzz that sounded good through a slightly dirty amp because the op amp muff clone I had only worked through a clean amp and I'm not setting my amp that way for this new band. this pedal sounds good with some amp gain and goes from light fuzz to really intense.

mxr phase 90: a long time ago I had a vintage one from the 70s. I really liked it but it seemed to color my signal even when off. I cant say this one sounds quite as good but at least its off when its off. really simple and good sounding pedal. got it for only 45 bucks shipped so I am happy.

eqd orgainizer: WOW!!! I love this pedal a lot. tracks really well, both single notes and chords. it sounds like a massive gothic pipe organ. I was having fun with it alone then I popped on the fuzz with it and it just got crazy fun. def will be looking forward to using this one.

Right on. I keep toying with getting an organizer. The clips I have heard sound awesome but I wonder how much I would actually use it.

yeah its def not an always on type of pedal. I can see using it for the occasional intro, outro or bridge and really adding something different sounding to the mix.

the demos on youtube are pretty good and I can honestly say it does sound really good in person.

Back