3 G’s… share you stories…

My Partscaster Tele. It's the best Tele I've ever played. I'll never part with this one even if I have to part with all the others.
DSCF0422_zps9057d706.jpg

My Heritage H-150. The best LP type I've ever played.
DSCF0316_zpsd024f3a8.jpg

My Heritage H-535. I've always loved 335 style guitars. This one is fantastic.
DSCF0527_zps960a32c0.jpg

Good thread! Such a difficult choice to choose what criteria to use to just pick 3 as just about everything I now have is here for a reason and they all matter in different ways. I'm going with my 3 Yamahas as my theme as the one manufacturer I've never seen a bad guitar from:

First up Yamaha Pacifica 812S. Shredder Super Tele and amazingly versatile. Found it new but with only 4 strings on at the London Guitar Show in 1995 being cleared out at £199. Thought I'd take a chance and have never regretted it.

YamahaPacifica812S.jpg

Second we have my Yamaha Pacifica 402S. Found second hand in a Cash Generator store for £145 about 2007. Wasn't looking for a guitar but saw this, tried it, and realised it was just too damn nice to leave for someone else.

YamahaPacifica402S.jpg

Third, my only current acoustic, my Yamaha FG411E. Sounds great both unplugged and plugged in. Bought new about 1996/1997 when I played for a year in a "New Country" band and needed an Electro Acoustic. Got it reduced from £320 down to £240. I wanted a Yamaha APX series as a thinline with cutaway would be easier on stage but couldn't afford it at the time. With the benefit of hindsight this was a good thing as the APX would never have been as good as a straight acoustic as the FG411E. It had a similar head stock injury to @GreatDane's Charvel when it came back from the country band leader borrowing to do some recording. He denied all knowledge but I'm sure it wasn't there when I lent it to him. Local luthier fixed it with glue and clamping and it's been rock solid ever since thankfully.

YamahaAcousticFG411E.jpg

I only have two that I could never sell because I have too much of a connection with them.

First guitar is my '94 ES-335. I graduated from college and bought it after I got a job in my field. It took quite a few months of saving for it but it was sooo worth it. It's had a few pickup swaps but still plays like butter and sounds great. Right now I have a set of Wizz pickups in it and it's sounds better than ever.

Second guitar is my 1952 Gibson J-45. I kind of lucked into this guitar and got it for a really good price. I've played this guitar at so many acoustic jams in the local area that if I bring another guitar, people get pissed. It's funny how many people love this guitar when they hear it or play it. I can never sell it because the way vintage prices are now, I wouldn't be able afford one again. Plus I'd never be able to set foot in any local jams....those old guys would kick my ass.

It just occurred to me that, when I first started hanging out here, I wouldn't have had three guitars to post. Now I had to ask myself, Which three?

Thanks, guys. You are a good influence. :rolleyes: :grin:

Harmony Central was even worse.

When I joined in 2002, I think I had 3 guitars and 2 amps. By the time I left around 2010, I had 17 guitars or so and probably 6 or 7 amps, and there were a few that had come and gone in that time.

I think I started my HC stint with zero pedals, and I now own probably a dozen.

Harmony Central was even worse.

When I joined in 2002, I think I had 3 guitars and 2 amps. By the time I left around 2010, I had 17 guitars or so and probably 6 or 7 amps, and there were a few that had come and gone in that time.

I think I started my HC stint with zero pedals, and I now own probably a dozen.
Yeah... HC, Seymour Duncan, and this place have gotten me to buy a lot of gear. Actually, most of my pedal purchases were made after I joined here. LOL

Sadly I no longer own this guitar as it was stolen from my home this past November. The guitar is just Memphis copy of a Les Paul Jr and my very first electric guitar. This guitar was a Christmas present from my father and also my experiment in mods. The final incarnation of this had the following work done over time: brass nut, Schaller Tuners, Badass Bridge, Bill Lawrence 90L Pickup, Straploks and redone electronics.

Memphis LP Special - S.jpg

Next up is my Hondo Chiquita that I got as a High School graduation gift from my mother. When I was 25 I sold the guitar to a friend so his kids could learn to play. Oddly enough I think I about 30 going through regrets for selling it and had a friend buy it back for me since I already lived in California. Thank goodness it is back with me again. The only mods to this guitar is that SD 59 pickup that was changed out along with Straploks.

Chiquita Cropped.jpg

Up is my G&L ASAT which has been with me since 1991. It has been my main guitar for many years and now has to share time in the rotation of axes. The guitar is stock except for Straploks.

ASAT - S.jpg

The thread asked for 3 but I am going to offer a bonus 4th. This is my Jackson Soloist that never came off of the airplane in 1989 when I moved to LA to attend MI. This guitar was my pride and joy when I bought it new in 1985. The paint job was a custom White paint with red pearl in it. Pickups were a Fuchsia colored SD 59 in the bridge and an SD Jazz in the neck. I requested for the Floyd to have a larger rout so I could pull up a 4th on the 4th fret harmonic on the G string. When this guitar was stolen much of my steam was taken out and it took a lot to get back my focus into playing again.

Me and my Jackson.jpg

Back