3 Amps you Sold/Traded & Wish you had back

I've owned that one twice. Once when I was a teenager. Then again about 8 years ago. I ended up giving it to a kid that was starting to play guitar. I find myself pausing when I see one for sale. :) They're great and I think Brian Krashpad has one currently. It was basically a JCM800 solid state combo.
LOL. I owned it twice too. It was my first amp in high school. Then I sold it to a friend and bought a GK lunchbox amp. I ended up absolutely loathing that piece of shite, so I unloaded it and bought back the Marshall. I used it through my junior year in college, when I switched to a SS rack system, and sold it to a friend who was just getting into playing electric. Hmmmm... I wonder if he still has it?

Shit...I had one of those GK 250ML something something. Had two 6 1/2 inch speakers in it? And built in chorus and delay.

I've never turned over a lot of gear and have only ever sold/traded in three amps anyway.

1) Hohner Panther 20W practice amp - horrible POS I have no desire ever to own again. I'd like to apologise now to whoever ended up with it, it was cruel to inflict that on you.
2) Fender Bassman 135 head - when I first got it, it needed a service. Took to the local TV and radio repair guy who sorted it out and put a set of valves in that meant it was clean all the way up to structural damage levels. Fantastic clean sound and took pedals well. Put away when I got my rack system and then my first Trace Elliot combo. Eventually got it out and it needed a service and that guy put some different tubes in that broke up earlier which wasn't what I wanted so I eventually sold it as it was never getting used. If I had the space, spare money, and could have the original version clean version back, I would.
3) Small little valve head, can't remember the name but think it was a kit someone had put together. Picked it up in a second hand shop for £20. 2 separate channels, one hotter than the other, a volume control on each, and shared treble and bass controls. Great sound and also took pedals well. I knocked up a cheap and nasty chipboard 1x12" with an old Goodmans speaker to use with it and it sounded great. No idea what happened to it now, whether I sold it or traded it. That amp I'd have back like a shot if I came across it again.

The only amp I wish I had back was a beat up Fender H.O.T. solid state practice amp that I bought off a friend in high school. I sold it for like $30 or $40 about 12 years ago (memory is fuzzy). I should have kept it. Part of my history and it was a really good amp.

Everything else I've sold off I do not miss.

xppbcgoqqyszkquqe0ub.jpg

Bought one of these from a pawn shop back in 92 and pawned it back for a fraction later. It was a good sounding amp that I should have kept.

Only one actually, a Mesa mark 2 c+ that i found on Craig's List for 900 bucks. It had the export transformer and you Boogie devotees will understand what that means. At the time I just didn't need it and I flipped it for 2500. I have a Mark V but it doesn't quite get there with the Mark 2c+ sound.

One thing everyone thinks of when they hear "Mark 2C+" is Metalica or something. This one was Carlton/Ford and had the most amazing volume knob interaction of any amp I've ever owned. That includes a 72 Marshall metal panel and a 90s Vox AC30...sniff

Only thing I really miss is my 1967 Silverface Vibrochamp that was stolen from me back in high school. :(

Just One.... the FIRST Orange Rockerverb 50 that I owned. As good at the 2 I had afterwards sounded, that one was a tick better than the others. It could sustain to a point of controllable feedback at reasonable volumes.

2:20 - 3:30

Actually... from 3:embarrassed:9 to 3:29 I'm playing one note. :embarrassed:

And in case it's not obvious.... I'm plugged straight into the amp and a 1x12 Boogie cabinet.

Gretsch Playboy. Super light and to-die-for tone. Pretty much my ideal amp.
Playboy-large.jpg

Sold it because....divorce.

I miss my Electra Dyne, just because it was a cool amp and it sounded great, but I don't wish I had it back. Way too much amp for me.

The only one that I truly regret selling is my Carr Rambler, but I'll make up for that someday.

Other than that, I think I've sold the ones I didn't like and kept the ones I like (unlike guitars, where I have several regrets).

Only one and that's mainly for sentimental reasons. My first good amp was a Laney Pro-Tube Lead 100 half stack in white tolex. It was basically like a hot-rodded JCM800. Great amp, but very impractical for everything I do nowadays. I also had a Blues DeVille in the late 90's that was great, but also quite big and loud. The amps I have now are great and much better suited to my needs.

Shit...I had one of those GK 250ML something something. Had two 6 1/2 inch speakers in it? And built in chorus and delay.

I had one that I kicked around bar bands with and the handle got loose... and then the nut inside came loose and skipped across the circuit board. :embarrassed:

But... the guy who repaired it for me, swapped out some circuits (used some from a Marshall solid state circuit) and turned it into a fire breathing beast. I stupidly sold it when I was using all the Line 6 shit.

my first real amp: 1975 Mesa Boogie Mark I combo, 1x15"
1972 Marshall Mark II, 50 watt Lead
1964 Fender Bandmaster (blackface)
1965 Fender Bandmaster (blackface)
(i had them at the same time)

The only amp I wish I had back was a beat up Fender H.O.T. solid state practice amp that I bought off a friend in high school. I sold it for like $30 or $40 about 12 years ago (memory is fuzzy). I should have kept it. Part of my history and it was a really good amp.

Everything else I've sold off I do not miss.
I had it's cousin, the Fender R.A.D.

I forgot about that little gem til I saw your post. That little thing was bad ass! Small, light, loud... And had some remarkably good sounds. There was a two year period where my entire "Live Rig" consisted of that amp being fed by an ART ECC multiFX floor unit. Put a mic in front of it for the house, and Bam! Toan 4 dayz. Fooled a lot of people into thinking they were hearing a LOT more than the reality.

I think I gave it to a kid too. Kinda miss that thing.

LOL. I owned it twice too. It was my first amp in high school. Then I sold it to a friend and bought a GK lunchbox amp. I ended up absolutely loathing that piece of shite, so I unloaded it and bought back the Marshall. I used it through my junior year in college, when I switched to a SS rack system, and sold it to a friend who was just getting into playing electric. Hmmmm... I wonder if he still has it?
Oh Gawd!
The Guitarist in my first "Real" band used a GK Lunchbox amp. That thing sounded like a recording of a thousand pounds of bacon sizzling through a wall of tiny dome tweeters. Harsh. Shrill, and generally unlikeable in every possible way.

Back