2nd row pedal riser ideas?

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
There's something about buying these for $7 a pop that rubs me the wrong way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Diago-...236175?hash=item3f6e0c3fcf:g:5SsAAOSw44BYEp3a

There has to be a better, cheaper, 1/3" to 1/2" tall solution I can buy, that will cost me $5 total.

img_0227-jpg.37023

The issue is simple. The Aquavibe and Echorec sit too low on the board and the switches are awkward to stomp. The BOSS and DE7 rarely get stepped on, but need to be where they are for routing purposes.

I thought about skateboard pedal risers, but they cost about the same.

Apartment living doesn't allow for the quick fix a block of wood and a circular saw would bring me.

Thoughts?

You have no friends with a garage so you can make your own?
Talk to the Super and use his shop?

Last edited:
Got an old pair if sneakers or boots ready for the trash? Cut the soles into something that can fit the pedal bottom.

Give me the measurements and I'll cut one out of some old shelves I have stacked in my shed...

Scrap lumber pile from a construction site is usually free for the taking.

But, you know, time is money.

Some home improvement stores will cut the wood for you. I know locally for me, Lowes does.

I don’t know if there is a Lowe’s or Home Depot around, but they will cut wood for you. And if you just buy a 2x2, if they balk at cutting it, take it to the aisle where they sell crown molding and there will be a handsaw and mitre box so you can cut it there in the store.

I can't remember when I haven't had some scrap 2x and/or 3/4 ply out in yard or garage, and the saws are right there. Chop saw job and a chunk of 2x, sounds to me. Drills and drill bits are there too for routing holes.

But if you don't have that, and the fix is $9, I agree with Mark. The amount saved going down to Lowes or Home Despot is not worth the time.

There's a lot of good ideas in here, but some velcro won't stick to. I think I'm gonna go with the risers. If only because they'll just show up in the mail this week. I've spent $14 on dumber things before.

There's a lot of good ideas in here, but some velcro won't stick to. I think I'm gonna go with the risers. If only because they'll just show up in the mail this week. I've spent $14 on dumber things before.
Makes sense to me, by the time you put time and money into figuring out a workaround.

There's something about buying these for $7 a pop that rubs me the wrong way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Diago-...236175?hash=item3f6e0c3fcf:g:5SsAAOSw44BYEp3a

There has to be a better, cheaper, 1/3" to 1/2" tall solution I can buy, that will cost me $5 total.

img_0227-jpg.37023

The issue is simple. The Aquavibe and Echorec sit too low on the board and the switches are awkward to stomp. The BOSS and DE7 rarely get stepped on, but need to be where they are for routing purposes.

I thought about skateboard pedal risers, but they cost about the same.

Apartment living doesn't allow for the quick fix a block of wood and a circular saw would bring me.

Thoughts?
$7 Seems perfectly reasonable to me, if not downright cheap. You spend a couple hundred (or more) on a Pedaltrain etc, and 7 bucks seems pretty insignificant.

$7 Seems perfectly reasonable to me, if not downright cheap. You spend a couple hundred (or more) on a Pedaltrain etc, and 7 bucks seems pretty insignificant.

I bought this PTjr 10? years ago? Seems like an appropriate expenditure.

Reactions: OGG
The pedal risers showed up today. Two days early. Which is nice. They're quality, and even had appropriate velcro on both sides. I had to replace one cable with a longer one, but that's hardly anything to complain about. 5 stars. No pic because, well, everything is in the same place. Just the Echorec and Aquavibe are slightly higher now.

I took a poplar wood (light), cut to size, painted black, added industrial velcro and used that for the second level riser on two boards of mine.

Riser can be seen on upper tier rising AD and TS.

Rod Price Ver 1.5 - S.jpg

Riser on back row of pedals - Works great!!!

Pedalboard 2 - S.jpg

Back