26 Food Things Only A Chicagoan Would Understand

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
The Italian beef sandwich is a thing of beauty. And it tastes great.
slide_344718_3594938_free.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/foods-only-chicago-understands_n_5087204.html

You learn with experience. And it's okay to use a fork until you can lift it up.

Usually it looks more like this.
20101024%20Italian%20Beef%20Freddys%202.jpg

Whenever we go back to Chicaaaagolaaaand, my wife gets Italian beef. Me -- I prefer a good ol' vienna red hot. Of course, gotta get the fries in the brown paper sack!

I'm sure it does. It's just a weird thing I have. I hate getting stuff on my hands and messy food in general. I love boneless wings, never order regular wings.
That's too bad. There's a place near my house that specialized in smoked wings with homemade hot sauces. They're fantastic. I'm in there at least once a week.

Wow, I couldn't even stand to be around people eating like that. Shudder.
You just learn to do it when you're a Chicago native. It's part of growing up here. Those who move here learn how. Italian beef is one of Chicago's best foods.

Italian beef sandwiches are a thing of beauty.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I would like to try an Italian beef, although I also prefer food that doesn't require me to be hosed off afterwards. :tongue:

And fried plantains are great - but better than bread? Get outta heah. :embarrassed:

Wait a fuckin minute.... you can't get turkey at taste anymore??

YOU BASTARDS!!

how are you supposed to walk around like a viking without one?

Chicago has always been interesting, food-wise, because it's a real melting pot -- far more so than most places I've lived (excepting, perhaps the Bay Area.) My parents left the Chicago area about ten years ago, so I haven't been there in quite a while, but I still occasionally get a real hankering for a vienna dog -- something you just can't get here!

I'm sure it does. It's just a weird thing I have. I hate getting stuff on my hands and messy food in general. I love boneless wings, never order regular wings.

Me toooooooo. Messy food grosses me out, which is why Baimun's McPigfucker is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my entire life. puke0

Back