2018 Concert Thread

Stephen Malkmus and the SP reunion shows are a definite.

Nature kids—they don’t have no function.

I will probably go to the Pumpkins reunion and probably hate myself for it. In general, I am opposed to getting suckered by reunion rock shows. (I was actually disappointed the announcement last week was a tour and not a new record. A new record probably won’t be great, but it could be. A reunion tour is almost always guaranteed to be an expensive bit of showbiz that I’ll feel ambivalent about.)

I’ve seen SM about 6 or 8 times. I’ll likely only catch him this time if this new record really catches my ear.

Nature kids—they don’t have no function.

I will probably go to the Pumpkins reunion and probably hate myself for it. In general, I am opposed to getting suckered by reunion rock shows. (I was actually disappointed the announcement last week was a tour and not a new record. A new record probably won’t be great, but it could be. A reunion tour is almost always guaranteed to be an expensive bit of showbiz that I’ll feel ambivalent about.)

I’ve seen SM about 6 or 8 times. I’ll likely only catch him this time if this new record really catches my ear.

The Pumpkins of yore were one of my favorite bands, they are supposedly playing material from Machina on back so I'll gladly overpay for that bit of nostalgia. I've never seen any form of Malkmus so I'd like to say I have at least once.

The Pumpkins of yore were one of my favorite bands, they are supposedly playing material from Machina on back so I'll gladly overpay for that bit of nostalgia. I've never seen any form of Malkmus so I'd like to say I have at least once.

I’m a reluctant Pumpkins super fan, so I’ll likely help them all bolster their kids’ college funds. But I’ll hate myself in the morning.

Malkmus can be a good time. But if he’s in a dour mood, the shows are less awesome. He’s a fickle performer.

BTW...worst show I ever saw him do was the Pavement reunion at Pitchfork. Zero fucks...and not in a good way.

Corgans live vocals were a profoundly unpleasant experience 20 years ago. I’m skeptical that much improvement has taken place in the intervening decades.

RADIOHEADTOURDATES

Yep, pre-sale tomorrow morning, those shows will sell out in an instant even with multiple nights per venue.

I’m a reluctant Pumpkins super fan, so I’ll likely help them all bolster their kids’ college funds. But I’ll hate myself in the morning.

Malkmus can be a good time. But if he’s in a dour mood, the shows are less awesome. He’s a fickle performer.

BTW...worst show I ever saw him do was the Pavement reunion at Pitchfork. Zero fucks...and not in a good way.

Yeah I won't regret it that much, I hardly go to shows anymore and they still kill it live. I agree about Malkmus live, I've heard enough bootlegs that go both ways.

Actually, he’s a much better singer now.

Yep, saw them on that last acoustic tour and he sounded great.

hmmm.. there's some stuff I'm not interested in, but there's A LOT of awesome here..

jyipQxe.jpg

So, I gave Billy Pumpkin my money so he can buy more survival chow from Alex Jones. I’ll be in the nosebleeds.

Ahh no I did not. Neither show is what I'd call cheap, even with being lucky enough to get them at face value.

I dropped $42 on a nosebleed ticket, which is at the top end of what I’ll spend to see a rock band. I’ve actually touched Billy and James before, so I don’t need to pay more to be closer.

Back