2017 Ford Fusion Sport V6

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
325 hp twin-turbo V6

2017-ford-fusion-sport-naias-2016-live-reveal-002.jpg

Would :embarrassed:

I got to drive a brand new, 300 miles on the odometer, 2014 Ford Fusion back in January of 2014 when my 2007 Focus was being repaired (hit a nasty pothole). Really nice car, really quiet on the inside. It only had the base 2.5L engine, and I did notice that it really sucked down the gasoline. I didn't get nearly the 34 mpg highway Ford claimed for the 2.5 It came filled up with gas, and I had to refill it before taking it back.

Anyways, it also had the large-screen MyFordTouch, and I had no problems with it, though I don't have a smart phone, so maybe that side of things were what people had issues with idn_smilie

Also, to get in the front seats there was a huge door sill and the seats were set low, so it was almost like climbing into a sports car. I'm a small guy and I had to twist myself to get in. Not a car for someone with a physical handicap that would make it hard to climb into a sports car-type seat.

It was a nice handling car though, and took bumps and holes with aplomb that would rattle my teeth in my 2007 Focus :embarrassed:

I actually like the Fusion. Ford has really stepped up their game. This one looks quite entertaining.

I would drive that. A quick google search shows the car has 325 hp, which should make for a pretty quick sedan. I agree with OGG, Ford has really been making some great vehicle choices the last few years.

Ford always seems to have a soft spot for these sleeper style sports sedans that seem to capture more interest second hand then when new....like the Tarus SHO models & Fusion AWD Titanium that precedes this revision. They seem to pop up and fade away with out much fanfare.

Reactions: OGG
Ford always seems to have a soft spot for these sleeper style sports sedans that seem to capture more interest second hand then when new....like the Tarus SHO models & Fusion AWD Titanium that precedes this revision. They seem to pop up and fade away with out much fanfare.
XR4Ti

Kid in my high school had one of those. Total POS but flashy looking for the day.
When I was running the repair shops, I had a really good customer who had one. The dude was about 6'6", massive. Supervisory Special Agent for the FBI, and strangely... a fairly successful gig moonlighting as a television commercial actor.

Anyway, he absolutely loved that stupid car and would spend whatever it took to keep it going. I was rarely in the shops, but every few months, he would call me directly to set up a drop off with a list of issues. He would ONLY deal with me. Cool guy, but scary as fuck.

Anyway, I'll never forget trying to find a replacement radiator for that thing. By that point (2006), the car had been out of production for 20 years. There was no such part to be found, and a "rod and repair" job was not an option.

I searched, and searched and searched. Nothing. Finally I found one in Germany. Tried to contact the guy, don't speak German, he spoke no English. Finally managed to ascertain that he would not take international payment, nor would he ship international.

Called an old band buddy from the 80s who was living in Germany. Sent him the money, had him pick it up, and then send it to me. It cost an outrageous fortune.

The owner was so stoked upon paying his ungodly repair bill, that he palmed me five, crisp one hundred dollar bills. Seriously.

I had a very similar situation with a Serbian Nokia employee (Their US HQ was across from my home base store) who drove a fucking YUGO GV. Money was no object. That car was his connection to home, and he would pay any price to keep it running. One day, it needed a brake master cylinder... oh my.

Let's just say OGG performed a miracle that day.

When I was running the repair shops, I had a really good customer who had one. The dude was about 6'6", massive. Supervisory Special Agent for the FBI, and strangely... a fairly successful gig moonlighting as a television commercial actor.

Anyway, he absolutely loved that stupid car and would spend whatever it took to keep it going. I was rarely in the shops, but every few months, he would call me directly to set up a drop off with a list of issues. He would ONLY deal with me. Cool guy, but scary as fuck.

Anyway, I'll never forget trying to find a replacement radiator for that thing. By that point (2006), the car had been out of production for 20 years. There was no such part to be found, and a "rod and repair" job was not an option.

I searched, and searched and searched. Nothing. Finally I found one in Germany. Tried to contact the guy, don't speak German, he spoke no English. Finally managed to ascertain that he would not take international payment, nor would he ship international.

Called an old band buddy from the 80s who was living in Germany. Sent him the money, had him pick it up, and then send it to me. It cost an outrageous fortune.

The owner was so stoked upon paying his ungodly repair bill, that he palmed me five, crisp one hundred dollar bills. Seriously.

I had a very similar situation with a Serbian Nokia employee (Their US HQ was across from my home base store) who drove a fucking YUGO GV. Money was no object. That car was his connection to home, and he would pay any price to keep it running. One day, it needed a brake master cylinder... oh my.

Let's just say OGG performed a miracle that day.

If you were still in business I would be bringing my cars to you. Good mechanics are so hard to find.

Reactions: OGG
Back