2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 (Corvette engine)

It's neat but personally, I'd rather just have a vette. Mag ride control is pretty damn amazing & I can't wait till that makes its way to other vehicle lines

Yeah, give me a vette over a Camaro any day. It used to be the poor man's vette, relatively light weight and excellent handling, but now it's a fat heavy pig with tank slits for windows and a lousy interior.

i'm over everyone using the 60's-70's super car monikers on new cars that are ALLLLLLLLL small blocks.
you want to call a camaro a ZL-1.....put a REAL fucking 427 in it.
same goes for the rest of them.

sorry....i'm just tired of these guys taking a small block, throwing a blower on it and calling it a GT 500 or Ford GT (GT40) or Hemi Challenger.
they're just NOT.

i'm over everyone using the 60's-70's super car monikers on new cars that are ALLLLLLLLL small blocks.
you want to call a camaro a ZL-1.....put a REAL fucking 427 in it.
same goes for the rest of them.

sorry....i'm just tired of these guys taking a small block, throwing a blower on it and calling it a GT 500 or Ford GT (GT40) or Hemi Challenger.
they're just NOT.
The Z/28 has the 427, the same engine in my Z06, but that is still ironically considered a small block that has been bored out to get the higher displacement. It's one hell of an engine though, and likely the last of the NA motors with big horsepower due to emissions regulations.

The Z/28 has the 427, the same engine in my Z06, but that is still ironically considered a small block that has been bored out to get the higher displacement. It's one hell of an engine though, and likely the last of the NA motors with big horsepower due to emissions regulations.
yea...i know that the z06 displaces 427 c.i. but it's not the same as a fire breathing, torque monster big block. i mean i get it, but still, if you built a limited run of real 427's with today's technical updates to ignition, timing, induction, etc....AND made it 4 valves per cyl......you'd sell every one you could make.

600 HP, 750-800 Ft/Lbs......c'mon.....lift the front tires off the ground kinda fun.:grin:

GetImage.ashx

yea...i know that the z06 displaces 427 c.i. but it's not the same as a fire breathing, torque monster big block. i mean i get it, but still, if you built a limited run of real 427's with today's technical updates to ignition, timing, induction, etc....AND made it 4 valves per cyl......you'd sell every one you could make.

600 HP, 750-800 Ft/Lbs......c'mon.....lift the front tires off the ground kinda fun.:grin:

GetImage.ashx

There are several Z06's out there with heads and cam modifications making well over 600HP at the wheels. Throw a blower or turbo on it, and it will surpass 1000 bhp, but it won't last long. In fact even in stock form it is a bit fragile on the exhaust valves, so I can see a true big block being much more robust. albeit heavier too.

There are several Z06's out there with heads and cam modifications making well over 600HP at the wheels. Throw a blower or turbo on it, and it will surpass 1000 bhp, but it won't last long. In fact even in stock form it is a bit fragile on the exhaust valves, so I can see a true big block being much more robust. albeit heavier too.
yea....but the real ZL-1 was an all aluminum motor. :grin: (the one in my pic)
so maybe not that big of a weight difference.

Back