2017 Baywatch movie

I watched the preview. I hate to say it, but I like The Rock, and despite the movie looking ridiculously bad, it all looks like it will be funny and entertaining popcorn fodder.

People are paying for them.

I'm sick of hearing that it's all remakes and franchise movies.

Go do a simple Google search for Best Movies of 2016. Plenty of original content there. The fact is that MWGL forumites aren't interested in anything other than remakes or franchise films, if only to complain about them.

I watched the preview. I hate to say it, but I like The Rock, and despite the movie looking ridiculously bad, it all looks like it will be funny and entertaining popcorn fodder.
I looked it up on imdb, it's nice that they used 3 relatively unknowns for the hot babe lifeguards. I'll probably wait and catch it on the late night TBS/TNT movie :embarrassed:

Ok, I watched the trailer. Other than the title and its location, it seems to have absolutely nothing in common with the TV series. So.

The fact is that MWGL forumites aren't interested in anything other than remakes or franchise films, if only to complain about them.

I'm interested in the hot blonde and the hot Indian lifeguard :embarrassed: Interest in the movie, not so much.

I heard about this one way before the Chips one. I'll most likely never see either of them.

Fuck no.

The original show sucked, so hey -- let's make a movie!

If mooks like you would stop paying money for this crap then just maybe we'd actually get some decent original fare out of Hollywood...

Why not skip movie discussions altogether and focus on brothels?
Who needs brothels when you have the internet :tongue:

Speaking of 2016 movies... the best one I saw was Hell Or High Water. The only other one I saw out of the 5 that were nominated for Best Picture was Hacksaw Ridge. While Hacksaw Ridge was a decent movie, it should've never have been nominated. It wasn't THAT good. Plus, most of it was Hollywood-ized fiction, told around a real-life story. I don't think a picture should ever be nominated if it is supposed to be a true story, and half of it is untrue :embarrassed:

Who needs brothels when you have the internet :tongue:

Speaking of 2016 movies... the best one I saw was Hell Or High Water. The only other one I saw out of the 5 that were nominated for Best Picture was Hacksaw Ridge. While Hacksaw Ridge was a decent movie, it should've never have been nominated. It wasn't THAT good. Plus, most of it was Hollywood-ized fiction, told around a real-life story. I don't think a picture should ever be nominated if it is supposed to be a true story, and half of it is untrue :embarrassed:

Hell or High Water was fantastic, and one of the 3 or 4 best Westerns of the past 25 years or so.

Didn't bother with Hawksaw Ridge. War movies that aren't subversive tend to piss me off, so I tend to avoid them.

Go do a simple Google search for Best Movies of 2016. Plenty of original content there. The fact is that MWGL forumites aren't interested in anything other than remakes or franchise films, if only to complain about them.

Or just ignore Hollywood and focus on streaming. IMHO television is cranking out great stuff faster than anyone but professional critics can keep up with it. To me it seems like a waste of time to track down half a dozen good movies when I can just watch a season of an excellent TV show on my couch at home, not miss anything if I need to pee, and get laundry done at the same time.

Isn't the hot chick from True Detective in this? Otherwise no interest on my part.

Yes :thu:

alexandra-daddario-looks-sizzling-hot-in-baywatch-set-photo.jpg

Last edited:
She's the gal that was the ex-kiddie prostitute that Woody Harrelson saves, only to run into her years later and then bone her, not knowing it's the same gal?

Or just ignore Hollywood and focus on streaming. IMHO television is cranking out great stuff faster than anyone but professional critics can keep up with it. To me it seems like a waste of time to track down half a dozen good movies when I can just watch a season of an excellent TV show on my couch at home, not miss anything if I need to pee, and get laundry done at the same time.

False dichotomy. You can have both. And you can watch either from your couch. And no, it's not as though you have to do much digging to find someone who'll said "you should watch Moonlight, Silence, Paterson, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Hell or High Water, Moana, whatever.

Back