2016 NFL draft

I know zilch about college football. No idea who anybody is. Driving today, I herd on the sports station, "anybody but Leonard Floyd". Bears just picked Leonard Floyd.

image.jpg

I'm still not sure why the Skins took a receiver. With Jackson, Garcon, Crowder and Reed at tight end, I'm not sure why the D Line wasn't addressed. I guess this means either Garcon or Jackson will be playing their last year with the skins most likely Garcon because this new kid is more like him.

I'm still not sure why the Skins took a receiver. With Jackson, Garcon, Crowder and Reed at tight end, I'm not sure why the D Line wasn't addressed. I guess this means either Garcon or Jackson will be playing their last year with the skins most likely Garcon because this new kid is more like him.

The draft is super deep with D-Line guys...lotsa talent in the 2/3 round. Gives us excellent flexibility at a position where we are old and salary-heavy. Our ideal picks at 21 would've been Joseph or the Center Kelly...both were off the board by 18. I like the pick. In Scot we trust.

Floyd seems like he's a decent linebacker :shrug:

The word on him is great athletic skills, but maybe undersized for the purpose and position (6'4", 220). Bears were looking for monster pass-rusher, but this guy looks more like a DB. May be a reach at #9, but only time will tell. I am, however, sick of the whole combine thing that seems to be much more influential than it should be, and puts more emphasis on athletics than actual football skill. I don't need the fastest, jumpiest guy, just give me a guy that plays fucking football well.

One thing for sure: The NFL has turned into an out-and-out circus. This whole recent "draft experience" bullshit is overkill, and frankly they can keep it (will probably not be in Chicago next year; good riddance). They are going to kill the golden goose, mark my words.

Niners traded up to get 2 picks in the 1st round. A guard and a DL. At least they are kind of addressing the O line issue. I was more interested in Denver picking a QB, which might mean Kaep is staying here whether he likes it or not. Not sure how that will play out.

Serious question. Can you trade your GM? Not that York would, but I am certain that much of the unrest on the Niners is directly related to Baalke. I know the Dodgers once traded a catcher for an announcer. o_O

The draft is super deep with D-Line guys...lotsa talent in the 2/3 round. Gives us excellent flexibility at a position where we are old and salary-heavy. Our ideal picks at 21 would've been Joseph or the Center Kelly...both were off the board by 18. I like the pick. In Scot we trust.

I am just a little gun shy on WR in the first round, Michael Westbrook, Desmond Howard, Rod Gardner. Hopefully he is more Art Monk. I think we need more help on the D and O line than a receiver. I'll hold off on grading until the draft is done.

BTW, still not sure why the Texans traded up 1 spot.

I am, however, sick of the whole combine thing that seems to be much more influential than it should be, and puts more emphasis on athletics than actual football skill. I don't need the fastest, jumpiest guy, just give me a guy that plays fucking football well.

+1

The Oakland Raiders could probably field an entire team of draft flops that were chosen solely because of their physical attributes.

I am just a little gun shy on WR in the first round, Michael Westbrook, Desmond Howard, Rod Gardner. Hopefully he is more Art Monk. I think we need more help on the D and O line than a receiver. I'll hold off on grading until the draft is done.

BTW, still not sure why the Texans traded up 1 spot.

With all due respect, those players were drafted in 95, 92 and 01 respectively. It might be time to heal your heart and let yourself love again.

With all due respect, those players were drafted in 95, 92 and 01 respectively. It might be time to heal your heart and let yourself love again.

I know, but those are the only first rounders. They have exactly drafted great receivers in recent years in later rounds either. If they do well this year, I won't be a Debbie Downer. It's just been a long time since we had 2 good seasons in a row.

I know, but those are the only first rounders. They have exactly drafted great receivers in recent years in later rounds either. If they do well this year, I won't be a Debbie Downer. It's just been a long time since we had 2 good seasons in a row.

Cerrato is dead. Let him rest.

Back