2016 Gibsons

Also, the binding has the fret-end nibs again. I think they already made that change in 2015, tho. It's a shame, because I hate those stupid nibs. They never feel as nice as well-finished fret ends-not that Gibson knows how to finish frets.

e-sg-90lt2_ch.jpg

Mark it now. 2017 will be back with robot tuners and a bunch of unneeded crap. I think they intention go out to left field one year so the following everyone buys the "normal" version.

Mark it now. 2017 will be back with robot tuners and a bunch of unneeded crap. I think they intention go out to left field one year so the following everyone buys the "normal" version.
So, it's like the original run of Star Trek movies? The odd numbers suck?

What the hell? A Gibson I would actually buy and play? $699.

LPCM15SESN1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

Oh wait.... look at this.... Sorry, I wouldn't buy a guitar if it looked and felt like the bridge was half way falling out of the body. Wow. no way those posts would be even close to stable.

LPCM15SESN1_ELECTRONICS_SIDE.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ I don't know if that is actually part of the 2016 line; it is a special run I've seen at Sam Ash, tho. I could be wrong...

Oh wait.... look at this.... Sorry, I wouldn't buy a guitar if it looked and felt like the bridge was half way falling out of the body. Wow. no way those posts would be even close to stable.

My 70s Tribute LP was like that and the bridge was rock solid for the two years I owned it. I think the posts on some LPs are just really long.

Back