2016 Ford GT

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
50th anniversary

ford_gt_live_041.u60viewc2vk8k84kogoocw8w.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

It's going to have a twin-turbo 3.5L V-6, 600+ HP

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/12/2016-ford-gt-official/

Saw it yesterday.... I can't believe I'm lusting over an American car!

You can't see in the pic above, but the passenger area actually tapers to the rear leaving the rear tires in F1 style pods with active aerodynamics. Usually US designs just throw vents and scoops wherever they look cool (arguably). This design looks very slick... as long as it's more reliable than the previous version of the GT. :wink:

I saw it yesterday in the news......

I agree, I like the old one better, but this one doesn't look shabby.
Needs a white racing stripe.

Those rear view mirrors don't look very useful.
Guess they're figuring you probably don't need them anyway.

To me, it looks like a cross between a McLaren P1 and a Ferrari Enzo.

I wonder if that top mounted exhaust will shoot blue flames like the Porsche 918 does?

This might explain why GM has the mid-engined Zora test mule running around.

I hope they make a race version of this car that will run in WEC and TUDOR sports car series in the GT class.

Despite my belief that Mustangs immediately turn their drivers into raging behind-the-wheel assholes, and I've never been a huge fan to begin with, I would pull the trigger on this immediately. Comfortably-available funding there, of course :embarrassed:.

What an amazing vehicle. Looks to be a functional prototype. Not street legal as shown, but it isn't unusual to trim off stuff like side markers for show cars. From what I read, Ford plans to really build this thing and race it. I really love the new GT350R as well. 500 hp NA engine with a high rev flat plan crank design sounds like a hell of a club racer.

There's a McLaren dealership in Palo Alto I pass every day on the way to work, and I think the Ford definitely seems like a nod to McLaren in terms of styling:

mclaren-p1-01-1.jpg

Back