Tig

Fucktangular
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1101006_2016-ford-focus-rs-first-ride
Horsepower: 350 HP

2016-Ford-Focus-RS-876x537.jpg

US-spec-2016-Ford-Focus-RS-876x535.jpg

16FordFocusRS_11_HR-876x535.jpg

16FordFocusRS_05_HR-876x535.jpg

that looks really cool, but I'm at the age now where I wonder why one needs 350 horsepower...

I also question the need for 350 HP in a little hatchback, but I guess that's the point of a hot hatch.....

Probably not for me, but it's cute, and probably goes like a bat out of hell.
With new steering, braking and handling/weighting technology, it's kind of amazing how "over the top" you can make a little production car these days.
It just smacks of being outright dangerous.

Can you imagine that kind of power in a small hatchback built in the '80's?

You'd be dead on the first turn on that backroad that goes through the woods.
You know the fucking one I'm talking about.

Why 350 HP? Who needs 350 HP?
OMG Lambo but questioning 350 HP in an AWD Ford that car fanatics have been begging Ford to import to the USA for several years?

Resume corolla talk, chaps.

#becauseracecar

I love fun, functional little cars like hatches, etc. High output small motors are fun too. I like it and would be curious about how good the seating is, and otherwise would prefer a less cluttered steering wheel with fewer buttons, and no TV display in the center, or at least a way to turn the darned thing off. I hate mini tv's anywhere on my dash.

I also question the need for 350 HP in a little hatchback, but I guess that's the point of a hot hatch.....

Probably not for me, but it's cute, and probably goes like a bat out of hell.
With new steering, braking and handling/weighting technology, it's kind of amazing how "over the top" you can make a little production car these days.
It just smacks of being outright dangerous.

Can you imagine that kind of power in a small hatchback built in the '80's?

You'd be dead on the first turn on that backroad that goes through the woods.
You know the fucking one I'm talking about.

My mind immediately went to a downhill left that if one missed, you went into a gully full of trees. Wollochet Bay Drive, out in Gig Harbor. Used to push that corner in my Alfa GTV, but it had about half of 370 at best, even modified with cams, valve grind, valve springs, ported and printed, etc.

otherwise would prefer a less cluttered steering wheel with fewer buttons, and no TV display in the center, or at least a way to turn the darned thing off. I hate mini tv's anywhere on my dash.

That's common across the focus models...drove a few, including a rental for a few weeks and never warmed up to it. Give me simple easy to read at a glance gauges any day over it.

I love fun, functional little cars like hatches, etc. High output small motors are fun too. I like it and would be curious about how good the seating is, and otherwise would prefer a less cluttered steering wheel with fewer buttons, and no TV display in the center, or at least a way to turn the darned thing off. I hate mini tv's anywhere on my dash.

That's not a TV, it is their Sync panel. We have it (and 90% of the dash) in the Escape and I actually love it. I usually just set it for the music screen but the navigation can come in handy. It also connects your phone for hands free calls and will even convert incoming texts to speech, etc. As for the buttons on the wheel, they allow me to not have to look at any screens while driving by controlling the music level/ channel, cruise control, odometer display functions, or receive/hang up cell phone, all by touch.

Once you have these goodies, it is hard to go back.

@Tig I know it is not a TV. I just call it that. There was one in my Dad's mercury Mariner (which I usually had cued to XM on the Pearl Jam station when I drove it), and my buddy has one in his Prius. I do not like the light of them particularly at night. I am one to turn dash lights down from full as well as I prefer for my eyes to see what the headlights are illuminating outside. I keep cars for a long time and feel that my phone will be updated much more often than an electronic screen in a car in terms of function. The hands free thing is cool, but I think phones are starting to be operable that way without connection to the car.

Wheel buttons I can understand, and like that you don't have to remove your hands from the wheel to do certain things. That complaint is just an old school aesthetic one. And I don't love the big bumps (or holes, depending on how you look at it) Ford and some others put on the wheel at 10 and 2. I prefer a more traditional shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig
I don't think I can fit all my gear in it.
It's a hatchback. You can fit a lot of gear in it.

My '07 Focus hatch had 3 electrics w/hard shell cases, 1 acoustic in a gig bag, 1 amp head, 1 2x12 cab, + extra stuff, that last pragestock I attended. These newer Focuses have even more room.

It’s a cool little hatchback. I especially like that they had J J Abrams design the headlights. But 350 HP in a four-door hatchback? The only people who want 350 HP in a car like this are going to insist on doing it themselves. With NO2.

That's not a TV, it is their Sync panel. We have it (and 90% of the dash) in the Escape and I actually love it. I usually just set it for the music screen but the navigation can come in handy. It also connects your phone for hands free calls and will even convert incoming texts to speech, etc. As for the buttons on the wheel, they allow me to not have to look at any screens while driving by controlling the music level/ channel, cruise control, odometer display functions, or receive/hang up cell phone, all by touch.

Once you have these goodies, it is hard to go back.

Personally, the last thing I want to do in the car is talk on the phone or respond to text messages or emails. The car is my refuge from all that bullshit.

I get why some people find it convenient to kill time/multitask/cure cancer while they drive but I'd rather just drive.

Back