2016 Buick Cascada convertible

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
http://www.cnet.com/products/2016-buick-cascada/

Buick's first convertible in quite some time.

1.6L 4 cyl. 200HP

2016-Buick-Cascada-Side-e1408747944946.jpg

Buick-Cascada-2016-800-02.jpg

I guess it's basically the same thing as an Opel Cascada, which is based on the Astra platform, according to one site that I was reading.

Meh, it's not terrible looking, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's a flaming turd of a car. GM has enough trouble trying to build their own cars without them being shifty. Partnering with Vauxhall isn't exactly the right prescription to remedy that. It's like Mr. Magoo asking Stevie Wonder to help build a jigsaw puzzle.

And as far as GM and their many attempts at making an Opel platform work... all disasters. Anyone seen a Cadillac Catera on the road lately? Or as it is better known, the Cadillac Caterrible.

I honestly think the Buick brand should be put out to pasture. It's just not relevant any more.

GM needs to narrow their focus even more than they already have. Ditching Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Saturn was a good start. They really only need Chevy and Cadillac. Even GMC is entirely redundant and unnecessary.

Still, somehow despite the fact that they are still dealing with the largest, most widespread safety recall in the history of the industry because their crap cars were literally killing people, their sales are booming.

The abject stupidity of the average American car buyer is shocking.

"Hey honey, let's go down to the Chevy dealer and buy one of those cars that's currently on the recall list for randomly shutting off and steering into a fucking tree and then not deploying the air bag. It'll be fun."

:facepalm:

When I look at cars in this range, I look at a couple of things:
Simplicity.
Repair costs (as I figure them).
Maintenance costs.

This car fails in all 3 categories that I can see...........
Simplicity: There is nothing simple about the design of this car. I actually wonder how it can possibly pass safety tests (the pillar arms) are very forward, and if it flipped upside down at speed, I could see your head getting ripped off.....
Repair Costs: That body looks awfully sculpted. While that looks "cool" (I guess), if you ding it up, gonna be expensive to repair. Break a headlight? Yep, you're fucked.
Maintenance costs: Nothing irks me more than ultra-thin tires on giant wheels on a family sedan type of car. How much do THOSE tires cost to replace, eh? Bet they're not $70 each. And those rims, seriously....is that fucking necessary? It's not a race car, it's a fucking Buick 1.6 liter convertible.

Yeah, fuck that thing.

Meh, it's not terrible looking, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's a flaming turd of a car. GM has enough trouble trying to build their own cars without them being shifty. Partnering with Vauxhall isn't exactly the right prescription to remedy that. It's like Mr. Magoo asking Stevie Wonder to help build a jigsaw puzzle.

And as far as GM and their many attempts at making an Opel platform work... all disasters. Anyone seen a Cadillac Catera on the road lately? Or as it is better known, the Cadillac Caterrible.

I honestly think the Buick brand should be put out to pasture. It's just not relevant any more.

GM needs to narrow their focus even more than they already have. Ditching Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Saturn was a good start. They really only need Chevy and Cadillac. Even GMC is entirely redundant and unnecessary.

Still, somehow despite the fact that they are still dealing with the largest, most widespread safety recall in the history of the industry because their crap cars were literally killing people, their sales are booming.

The abject stupidity of the average American car buyer is shocking.

"Hey honey, let's go down to the Chevy dealer and buy one of those cars that's currently on the recall list for randomly shutting off and steering into a fucking tree and then not deploying the air bag. It'll be fun."

:facepalm:

Nooooo shit.

Reactions: OGG
From Wikipedia:

The Opel Cascada (Spanish for "waterfall") is a mid-size convertible engineered and manufactured by the German automaker Opel since 2013.[3] It is also marketed as the Vauxhall Cascada in the United Kingdom, the Opel Cabrio in Spain, and as the Holden Cascada in Australia and New Zealand. It will be marketed in North America as the Buick Cascada in 2016.

From the CNET article:

"The relatively compact Cascada was designed from the ground up as a convertible, with the practicality of 2+2 seating."

Uh-huh.

Back