2014 Gibson New Models

So, while I wait for M123 to unfuck my order :annoyed:, I played a 2014 SGJ at GC yesterday.

How was the fretwork? Are the PLEK jobs notably better than the old low-end hand work? Are they finishing the fret ends after, or still leaving them sloppy? Was the fretwire shiny because it was actually polished or because it was just shiny? I don’t meant to be a pest, but it’s 7° outside and the nearest Gibson dealer is Wildwood and that means driving to the next town.

images
I actually like this one. :facepalm:

what happened with your order?

I placed the order Sunday night, but they said it hit a "credit hold", and I had to call the CC company Monday morning for verification. Called them Monday, they said "we don't see an issue, the order was already approved" :rolleyes:. FF to yesterday, where my order was still showing as "processing". Called M123, who said "it's waiting for verification" :annoyed: . I explained I already went through that 4 days ago, and after a few minutes, they said "Sorry. All's good; order will be shipped today"

How was the fretwork? Are the PLEK jobs notably better than the old low-end hand work? Are they finishing the fret ends after, or still leaving them sloppy? Was the fretwire shiny because it was actually polished or because it was just shiny? I don’t meant to be a pest, but it’s 7° outside and the nearest Gibson dealer is Wildwood and that means driving to the next town.

1) Very good - the ends weren't in 100% perfect alignment sighting down the fb, but close,
2) Could not really tell the difference,
3) No sloppiness on the ends,
4) :shrug:
5) By your screenname here and HC, I did not know you were another CO forumite :wink:

Back