2014 FX Roundup

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I bought a lot this year.

EHX Soul Food - A nice sounding pedal if you like low gain, soft clip boosts. I don't but I was curious. Sold to @jelloman
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy - Doesn't quite sound as amazing as my Catalinbread Echorec. But tap tempo, effects loop, and total weirdness make it a keeper.
Z-Vex Super Duper - Fantastic. It's a buffer. It's a dirty boost. It's sonic mayham. But I also learned I really only use the red side, so I'm selling it to get the Z-Vex Channel 2.
LR Baggs Para DI - Sounded great with my Taylor 414ce. I have no use for it in the near future, but I'm hanging onto it just in case.
TC Electronic Polytune Mini - It's a tuner. It's small. It does the job and doesn't get weirded out by alternate tunings or bass.
BOSS LS-2 - It only gets to about 50% depth with the mixed in loop signal, but I don't really want more than that on bass anyway. Does what I need it to do and makes my EHX Switchblade obsolete.
PaltheGiraffe Flangioplasty - sonic ridiculousness. I love it.
PaltheGiraffe Alligator Chef - had this Turbo RAT modded to assymetrical clipping. One of the select distortion pedals I own and love.

I have an Ernie Ball MVP Volume pedal on the way, but I see no reason for it to not work out. Unless it destroys my low end or something.

Last edited:
I think I got you beat...

It started BEFORE I found my BOSS ME-70 seriously lacking in the dirt department at Pragestock...

Ehx OD Glove...bought from @CBHScott...is now my primary dirt pedal...
Ehx Soul Food...bought off @Help!I'maRock!...used to give a little bite to my clean sounds and as a treble boost in front of the OD Glove...a pedal that serves 2 purposes? Whodathunkit?
Ehx Hot Tubes Nano...I was unaware that this was actually a fuzz pedal...:embarrassed:
Korg DT10 tuner...SDOTD...
Korg Pitchblack Poly...SDOTD...

...then came Pragestock...

DOD FX17 Wah...small compact wah that can also act as a volume pedal...eBay find...
Ehx Memory Toy...analog delay, used as a slap back echo...bought off TGP
Ehx Holy Grail Nano...reverb after the delay...noisy, hissy beast...TGP again...
Ehx NEO Mistress...I actually prefer flang to phase...Amazon
Ehx Small Stone Nano...but not THAT much...Amazon
Ehx Neo Clone...I like a touch of chorus on my clean guitar...sometimes...
Way Huge Fat Sandwich...RAT like distortion with an insane amount of gain and equally insane amount of adjustability...my over the top dirt...SDOTD...

And finally...

TC Hall of Fame Reverb...a very early birthday present to myself, replaces the Holy Grail, just got it yesterday...after playing with it for a few hours I now know why so many people have one on their board...

I bought a lot this year.

EHX Soul Food - A nice sounding pedal if you like low gain, soft clip boosts. I don't but I was curious. Sold to @jelloman
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy - Doesn't quite sound as amazing as my Catalinbread Echorec. But tap tempo, effects loop, and total weirdness make it a keeper.
Z-Vex Super Duper - Fantastic. It's a buffer. It's a dirty boost. It's sonic mayham. But I also learned I really only use the red side, so I'm selling it to get the Z-Vex Channel 2.
LR Baggs Para DI - Sounded great with my Taylor 414ce. I have no use for it in the near future, but I'm hanging onto it just in case.
TC Electronic Polytune Mini - It's a tuner. It's small. It does the job and doesn't get weirded out by alternate tunings or bass.
BOSS LS-2 - It only gets to about 50% depth with the mixed in loop signal, but I don't really want more than that on bass anyway. Does what I need it to do and makes my EHX Switchblade obsolete.
PaltheGiraffe Flangioplasty - sonic ridiculousness. I love it.
PaltheGiraffe Alligator Chef - had this Turbo RAT modded to assymetrical clipping. One of the select distortion pedals I own and love.

I have an Ernie Ball MVP Volume pedal on the way, but I see no reason for it to not work out. Unless it destroys my low end or something.

Amateur :grin:

Wampler Velvet Fuzz - The smooth and warm fuzz I've always seeked.
EHX Soul Food - It is just OK by itself but stacks nicely with a low gain overdrive.
Catalinbread Echorec - Very nice tones but I use only one. I'll likely sell it for a bargain price if anyone is interested.
TC Electronic Flashback Delay - This is exactly what I've been looking for in a delay. Really cool accurate models and a huge sweep in delay time.

images

Last edited:
2014 was the year of the pedal.

Bought and kept:

Amptweaker BigRock Pro
BYOC Mouse
BYOC Silver Pony
Earthquaker Afterneath
EHX Soul Food
Foxpedal Kingdom
MXR Smartgate
MXR Analog Chorus
MXR Carbon Copy
Mad Professor Golden Cello
Mad Professor Mellow Yellow
Mooer Micro Tuner
Mooer Reecho
Strymon Blue Sky
TC Ditto
TC Ditto X2
Vick Blackbird
Vick 73 Rams Head
Vick Midnight Sun
Vick Tree of Life
Way Huge Red Llama
Wren and Cuff Box of War

Bought and Sold:

Amptweaker Tight Drive
ARC Soothsayer
Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude
Garage Tone Axl Grease
Lovepedal Kalamazoo
Mojo Hand Pompeii
Skreddy Lunar Module
TC Mini Spark
Way Huge Fat Sandwich

Last edited:
Mr. Black - Supermoon
Z-Vex Wah Probe
EHX Neo Clone
EXH Soul Food
Pedal Monsters Klone
Pedal Monsters Bright Lights
MXR Carbon Copy
Vox Wah
Big Ear Frank
Caroline Guitar Olympia Fuzz
Noisemaker Effects Nebula
Mojo Hand FX Pompeii
Mojo Hand FX Dew Drop
Mojo Hand FX Iron Bell
Mojo Hand FX Bluebonnet
Catalinbread Echorec
Catalinbread Calisto Chorus
TC Electroincs Alter Ego 2
TC Electronics Spark Boost
TC Electronics T2 Reverb
Mad Professor 1
Digitech iStomp
Way Huge Fat Sandwhich
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath
GGG Rat Clone
Boss DS-1
Boss Chorus
Boss Flanger
Boss Dyna Drive
Wren and Cuff Box of War
BBE Soul Vibe
EXH Hot Tubes

And there may be a few more that I forgot.

Last edited:
2014 was the year of the pedal.

Bought and kept:

Amptweaker BigRock Pro
BYOC Mouse
BYOC Silver Pony
Earthquaker Afterneath
Foxpedal Kingdom
MXR Smartgate
MXR Analog Chorus
MXR Carbon Copy
Mad Professor Golden Cello
Mad Professor Mellow Yellow
Mooer Micro Tuner
Mooer Reecho
Strymon Blue Sky
TC Ditto
TC Ditto X2
Vick Blackbird
Vick 73 Rams Head
Vick Midnight Sun
Vick Tree of Life
Way Huge Red Llama
Wren and Cuff Box of War

Bought and Sold:

Amptweaker Tight Drive
ARC Soothsayer
Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude
Garage Tone Axl Grease
Lovepedal Kalamazoo
Mojo Hand Pompeii
Skreddy Lunar Module
TC Mini Spark
Way Huge Fat Sandwich

Maybe we should just trade pedals back and forth :grin:

:thu:

So, my vote for pedal maker of 2014 is Vick Audio. Totally affordable and totally awesome.

Last edited:
:thu:

So, my vote for pedal maker of 2014 is Vick Audio. Totally affordable and totally awesome.

I bought 2 of his and they definitely well built, but the 2 I bought were really not my thing. A little to fizzy. I do want to try one of his Muff builds though.

Hmmm....wow. I bought one pedal this year.....that's it.

Cmatmods Signa Drive - My favorite drive pedal ever. Period.

I bought 2 of his and they definitely well built, but the 2 I bought were really not my thing. A little to fizzy. I do want to try one of his Muff builds though.
The midnight sun is really too much for me, and I may sell it. But it's a cool "wall of sound" type pedal for not a lot of cash. The 73 is the absolute tits, as is the ToL. The Black Bird is the newest (just this week), so I'm still trying to figure it out.

The midnight sun is really too much for me, and I may sell it. But it's a cool "wall of sound" type pedal for not a lot of cash. The 73 is the absolute tits, as is the ToL. The Black Bird is the newest (just this week), so I'm still trying to figure it out.

I had the Black Bird. It was too fizzy for me.

Pedals for 2014

BB Soulvibe (New)
DanElectro Daddy-O Overdrive (Used)
Line 6 MM4 Delay (Used)
TC Electronics Flashback (Used)

Mr. Black - Supermoon
Z-Vex Wah Probe
EHX Neo Clone
EXH Soul Food
Pedal Monsters Klone
Pedal Monsters Bright Lights
MXR Carbon Copy
Vox Wah
Big Ear Frank
Caroline Guitar Olympia Fuzz
Noisemaker Effects Nebula
Mojo Hand FX Pompeii
Mojo Hand FX Dew Drop
Mojo Hand FX Iron Bell
Mojo Hand FX Bluebonnet
Catalinbread Echorec
Catalinbread Calisto Chorus
TC Electroincs Alter Ego 2
TC Electronics Spark Boost
Mad Professor 1
Digitech iStomp
Way Huge Fat Sandwhich
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath
GGG Rat Clone
Boss DS-1
Boss Chorus
Boss Flanger
Boss Dyna Drive
Wren and Cuff Box of War

And there may be a few more that I forgot.
lol, add the Soul Vibe to my list :grin:

DOOOODDDEEEE....

That is alot....

Back