GPOTD 2/8/17

This is the result of taking an already shitty, student/entry level guitar (Mustang), and stripping it down to the bare minimum in order to move units. The Mustang body is a beautiful shape, but it's an awful guitar. Always was.

They were effectively the Squiers of the period, cheap, poorly made affordable beginner guitars. Nothing about that POS is worth that kind of money.

This is the result of taking an already shitty, student/entry level guitar (Mustang), and stripping it down to the bare minimum in order to move units. The Mustang body is a beautiful shape, but it's an awful guitar. Always was.

They were effectively the Squiers of the period, cheap, poorly made affordable beginner guitars. Nothing about that POS is worth that kind of money.

You have now invoked the wrath of the Squier Army. May God, or whatever diety you ascribe to, have mercy on your soul.

You have now invoked the wrath of the Squier Army. May God, or whatever diety you ascribe to, have mercy on your soul.
8942a662a514a20b257d207871f406cc.jpg

$1700.00 for a low end student guitar.....with a single pickup? I think not. Even optimistically that is $1000.00 over-priced.

The pricing apart - I have zero interest in a guitar like that at any price.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-------^-------------------
Like-O-Meter

I love Mustangs and Duo-sonics, but the Broncos fail. The neck pickup is key in these guitars. That both pickup/out of phase tone is so good. The Bronco bridges are shit, and they lack the attractive control plate that the others have. No way it's worth $1695.00, even if it was mint, which it's not. The late 70's ones aren't nearly as desirable as the 60's guitars.

If you like that shape, G&L took it and made more substantial, full scale guitars with it. The SC series and more recently the Fallout guitars use that shape with the usual high-quality G&L appointments.

Reactions: OGG
Back