Hot or Not? 2-22-15

Alex W

Pork and Beans connoisseur
Scott Walker Santa Cruz with Fathom finish.
MG_0544.jpg

mg_0595-copy.jpg

mg_0620-copy.jpg

august-2009-013.jpg

• 1 11/16th Bone Nut
  • 12″ Radius ebony fingerboard
  • Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Ivroid Binding
  • Tone Pros Bridge
  • Walker Tailpiece
  • Choice of top wood
  • Mahogany Back
  • Mahogany Neck
  • Ivroid bound Ebony Headstock
  • Choice of Humbuckers
  • Jangletone 2 preamp with Gain knob
  • Master Volume and Tone
  • Active/Passive switch
  • 3 way pickups selector
  • Oversized strap buttons
  • Mother Of Pearl dot position markers
  • Black side dots
It looks like a guitar made of bronze and buried at sea with cannons and doubloons for over a hundred years. It’s still light and resonant Alder that will deliver the awesome tone you are looking for. The Fathom is a finish and hardware upgrade and can be applied to any model you wish. The bronze patina surface is very durable, and the patina is sealed, reassuring a comfortable feel. There is a wide variety of patina techniques that can be used to bring out your own personality on the instrument. The bolt on, oiled mahogany neck give it a clear punchy tone, and smooth playability. This is a road worthy guitar that will look great on stage or in the studio. The finish is low maintenance and doesn’t require polishing.

Bronzed and patina Alder or Mahogany Body, with or without distressed hardware. Bolt on Mahogany, Rosewood or Maple neck.

The Fathom finish is a thin bronze coating that doesn’t alter the tone of the guitar. It can either be finished in a natural bronze, antique bronze, or a heavy patina. The patina process can be part of the custom design, giving a true one of a kind instrument. It is then stabilized and sealed leaving an extremely durable and light finish that will last for many lifetimes. There is no more added weight than a regular nitro finish.

I like the finish. The write-up spends a lot of words reassuring me it's not a problem, though.

I'm not sure I want the active electronics.

I don't like the finish in the last one I posted. I do however like it a lot in this one

IMG_9676 (1).jpg

I love the patina on old bronze so it's right up my alley.
127-891-thickbox.jpg

I didn't see a price on anything so I'm sure they are 30 million dollars

If the top carve weren't so ornate, I'd like it more.

The finish itself, I kind of like, though.

There are a lot of things I like about this guitar. But all in one place like this it’s just tasteless.

Back