1999 Dodge Conversion Van

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
I've really enjoyed it. I want to find the wonderful person who engineered putting the 5.9L V8 in it as well and shake their hand. And while I'm shaking it commence to just knocking the living shit out of them again and again and again. Then I want find the fucker on the assembly line who thought it would be funny as fuck to put the heater hose clamp on in such a way as to cause you to have to turn it a 1/4 inch just so you could get your socket on the bolt for the thermostat while having to unbolt the generator and twist it over out of the way. Oh and that cheerful little fucker who ran the wiring harness across the back of the AC unit so tight that you have to remove the dog house from inside the van and then the air breather in order to get to the one fucking little bolt. Oh hallelujah hell yes. Then, when it's all said and done and your getting ready to put the socket on the bolt that hides behind the fan belt, under the top water hose, and half way under the AC unit you hit the fucking computer box mounted at the top of the engine bay and can't get the socket and extension down in the hole because it binds. That fucking little fucking fuck who put that there you piece of ant shit booger turd I despise you you little shit.

I feel better.

Last edited:
Vans are ALWAYS a pain in the ass to work on mechanically. Always. Removing the dog house is a given. Having a nice assortment of wobblies and extensions is mandatory. Sure, that giant motor makes it that much more of a PITA, but even a moderately sized motor crammed into those spaces is bound to be a nightmare. Way back in the day, my brother in law had a Dodge Tradesman (you know, the van with the absolute smallest engine compartment) that he had stuffed a built 440 into somehow. Of course it had no computer shit to contend with, but you couldn't put a sheet of paper between some of the gaps.

Mojo

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

Back in the 70's I had two other vans. A 63 Ford and a 71 Chevy both 6 cyl. I miss the day when you could work on cars and not spend the first half a day removing stuff just so you can get to the part you want to replace. As a kid, I thought the 63 was awesome because the motor was inside the van body.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGG
Rule number one - always remove the dog house.
Even if you're changing a tail light. Take the dog house off.

Reactions: OGG
Back