Hot or Not? 1979 Gibson "The Paul" in Walnut

Tig

Fucktangular
22048_Used_79_Les_Paul_The_Paul_73119529_1.jpg

www.themusiczoo.com/product/22048/1979-Gibson-quotThe-Paulquot-Electric-Guitar-Walnut---Used/

$999

I have played a bunch of these and most of them are pretty bad.

That being said the ones that are good are pretty damn impressive and fun to play

I have played a bunch of these and most of them are pretty bad.

That being said the ones that are good are pretty damn impressive and fun to play
I always thought they were crap guitars because I knew a guy in colleg who had two of them and they were terrible. The one I own I took in trade from a customer at the place I used to work at and for the money it was fantastic. It had a duncan custom in the bridge that killed and a stock T top neck pickup that was awful (that I later sold for more than I bought the guitar for).

Here are some samples of the guitar from my album "Desert Center"

Over Pennysylvania - The "telecaster sounding" riff on the intro and choruses and the solo

Travis Bickel Day - all of the guitars

EDIT: looks like the files are gone.

I could've bought one used back in '83 for about $200 - didn't like and passed on it. Very clunky.

I've always GAS'd for one...

...I had a Sonex180 that got stolen 2 weeks after I got it, which may have actually been a better guitar...

It’s a pretty guitar, and it’s not easy to find that model in good shape. It’s definitely more attractive than most of Gibson’s current low-end finishes. But I could do a lot better for $1,000.

I share EG's erotic fixation with big walnut. There was a guitar a lot like that hanging on the wall of a pawnshop in town for a while, and I had lust in my heart for it. It was really dinged up and overpriced, so I didn't go for it.

Back