1975 Triumph TR6 Convertible

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
With all the other cars being posted, I had to post this, because this one is my favorite cars of all time. I have loved them ever since I saw one while I was in college.

27219029-770-02X_zps5890487c.jpg

27219038-100-02X_zps42924308.jpg
27219031-100-02X_zpsb226f8b8.jpg

Beautiful car. I had an MGA, an MGB and a TR3. I spent more time under them than I did inside them, but there's nothing like the feeling of driving one.

I always loved these but never got to ride in or drive one.

I'd love to have a few cars my dad had before I was born, a '56 Porsche and a Sunbeam Alpine. drool0

Agreed. It would be cool if a car company that knows how to build reliable cars (such as Honda or Toyota, etc.. . ) would build a reissue of these.

A friend of mine had one. It was an absolute blast when it was running. Which wasn't very often. :embarrassed:

Reactions: OGG
always wanted a TR-6, or TR4A......i did have a '72 MGB twin carb back in the late 70's. it was a fun car.....but the electrics were always wonky and the clutches didn't last for shit.

My dad nearly bought one when I was a teenager...I thought he was an idiot for not getting it. I would have had some many chicks digging me if he would let me drive it.

:P

Those old British sports cars were so much fun to drive. My first car was an Austin Healey Sprite. It looked like this stock photo from google.
1964_austin-healey_sprite-pic-58553.jpeg

When dad was in college he had an MG TD. Family stories say he used to drive to band practice with his doghouse bass sticking out behind the seats. (The bass was almost bigger than the car). Anyway that was long gone by the time I came around. I wish I could have seen it.

mg_t-type_1951_photos_1_b.jpg

Back in 86, when I was 16, I launched my brother's absolutely beautiful 1978 Spitfire 1500 off of a 90' embankment going 75mph with the top down and no seat belt.

The fact that I am still here is a miracle. The car didn't fare so well.

Back in 86, when I was 16, I launched my brother's absolutely beautiful 1978 Spitfire 1500 off of a 90' embankment going 75mph with the top down and no seat belt.

I am sure your brother was none too pleased.....

Glad you're here to tell the story!

Back