Question: 1970s Kramer DMZ 2000

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
Guitar pic threads always seem to come down to $$. So lets hypothetically price this one out.

https://reverb.com/item/4284390-kramer-vintage-kramer-dmz2000-usa-1970-s

For your consideration, a mid-late 70s Kramer DMZ model featuring the aluminum neck w/ maple inserts, all maple body, what should be DiMarzio distortion humbuckers (if original) w/ 3-way & 2 coil taps, a badass bridge, schallers and what looks like the original Kramer case.

Interesting thing about this one is that it's an all maple body which would make it a DMZ 1000....but it also has the two coil taps, which were only on the DMZ 2000, however that model was walnut/maple. The all maple DMZ 1000s aren't generally as desirable as the 2000s and fetch a few bucks less. So is it a modded DMZ 1000 or some factory transition model/mutt?

http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

rqpcowpribydwswuh4mx.jpg

zuhcu3hdv9lbqw5k7pka.jpg

xbtck4ehmogrvmkxwlqc.jpg

bmptzt2agcanfi6vl5xv.jpg

enylfzkfjkzptqyfbdaf.jpg

It's listed at $1,135 w/ shipping, which puts it in the upper range for a DMZ 2000
https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/2257-kramer-dmz-2000-1978-1981-common-finish

....however if you price it as a 1000, I think that it's realistically a sub $1,000 guitar in the $850 range, shipped.

I don't care what they're calling it, I don't care for it.

If you're asking me (and I am a cheap bastard, mind you....), I see $600 there.

I could see owning one of the 2000s....if the right deal came along and I had scratched other guitar itches already
3.jpg

They're so heavy. Impractically heavy. I love Travis Beans and the Electrical Guitar Company's work too, but I just can't see owning one.

They're so heavy. Impractically heavy. I love Travis Beans and the Electrical Guitar Company's work too, but I just can't see owning one.

yeah, it would be something to own if I actually had a 'collection' and not just a couple guitars

I always saw the similarities between the alum Kramers and Travis Bean's stuff but never realized that Gary Kramer was part of that too until several years ago

yeah, it would be something to own if I actually had a 'collection' and not just a couple guitars

I always saw the similarities between the alum Kramers and Travis Bean's stuff but never realized that Gary Kramer was part of that too until several years ago

From what I've read, the metal neck guitars were an incestuous venture. And of course, EGC now owns Travis Bean. So it's still effectively all under one roof.

From what I've read, the metal neck guitars were an incestuous venture. And of course, EGC now owns Travis Bean. So it's still effectively all under one roof.

I've largely ignored EGC just figuring they were reissue style guitars of the vintage Travis Beans.
Thanks...now I'm falling down the youtube rabbit hole on EGC guitars!

I've largely ignored EGC just figuring they were reissue style guitars of the vintage Travis Beans.
Thanks...now I'm falling down the youtube rabbit hole on EGC guitars!

Yeah, it's not just a reissue. He's got some different things going on. And having King Buzzo on your artist roster doesn't hurt either.

Ugly and heavy but kinda cool. Maybe 5 bills...

$500 is well below going rate on these. Probably not a quick flip but you could still make out to the tune of a few hundred in the event you could find one at that price in good shape w/ case.

edit: 'course the chances of finding one for $500 is slim, at best.

$500 is well below going rate on these. Probably not a quick flip but you could still make out to the tune of a few hundred in the event you could find one at that price in good shape w/ case.

edit: 'course the chances of finding one for $500 is slim, at best.
Especially on Reverb!!!
:)

Back