1970. Pick one.

3088_1970_Gremlin_Folder-01_low_res.jpg

Some men just wanna watch the world burn.

A buddy of mine in the Air Force had one of those Broncos, a blue one. His first gear didn't work though, so he always started off in 3rd gear. How does one do that on a manual? Wouldn't it have too high of a ratio and stall? Why not start it off in 2nd if 1st gear doesn't work?

I guess I don't understand the concept behind it.

A buddy of mine in the Air Force had one of those Broncos, a blue one. His first gear didn't work though, so he always started off in 3rd gear. How does one do that on a manual? Wouldn't it have too high of a ratio and stall? Why not start it off in 2nd if 1st gear doesn't work?

I guess I don't understand the concept behind it.
They were probably geared so low that 3rd gear was about the same ratio as 1st in today's vehicles.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

of the 3 in the OP, i'd go with the Cyclone, being a Ford guy.
but if we're going full on badass FoMoCo.....then mine.

1971 Torino Cobra, 429 SCJ
3390838649_eb544b1e2c_o.jpg

this isn't my engine bay....but it's the same year and same size engine.
286481-1000-0.jpg

Last edited:
Fwiw I don't care fore the middle grille extension on those '70 Cyclones.

I'd much rather have a '69 Cyclone Spoiler, if anything :embarrassed: Especially the Cale Yarborough model.

if you are picking 1970 muscle cars.....why the heck wouldn't you pick the '70 road runner.....it's the best year they made them

189193_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
:love:
I remember a guy in high school across town had an orange 1970 Roadrunner with the Air Grabber hood scoop. That car could lift the wheels with street tires!
It remains one of my favorite muscle cars.

:love:
I remember a guy in high school across town had an orange 1970 Roadrunner with the Air Grabber hood scoop. That car could lift the wheels with street tires!
It remains one of my favorite muscle cars.
my next door neighbor (2 years older) had exactly that same car. pistol grip 4 speed, 440 Magnum. almost got to buy the car when i was 16. dad heard it start up and said "no fucking way"! :grin::(

Reactions: Tig
Back