- 1969 COPO Camaro
- Nut and bolt restoration
- Documented by the COPO Connection
- Numbers matching 427/425 HP
- Experimental 400 Turbo Hydra-Matic
- 4.10 ratio Positraction rear end
- Special air induction hood

None more orange.

Definitely a very nice restoration, but I have never been real big on Camaros.
That being said, it sure is nicely done....

1 complaint: I don't like the orange engine paint overspray on the rubber hose on the front of the engine (I assume that is the water pump)......easy enough to fix, but it looks glaringly out of place.

None more orange.

Definitely a very nice restoration, but I have never been real big on Camaros.
That being said, it sure is nicely done....

1 complaint: I don't like the orange engine paint overspray on the rubber hose on the front of the engine (I assume that is the water pump)......easy enough to fix, but it looks glaringly out of place.

Yeah, sometimes they over do a restoration by copying the original mistakes like that. I get the chalk on the firewall touches that a well restored car has, but not the factory or dealer screw up's.

Yeah, sometimes they over do a restoration by copying the original mistakes like that. I get the chalk on the firewall touches that a well restored car has, but not the factory or dealer screw up's.

I never really understood the need/want to put bias tires on a restoration, either.
Sure, they are "period correct", but there's a reason they don't use bias tires anymore....

That's just me, though.

Very nice car, looks like it has never been driven. Which bothers me a bit, because a car like that was made to be driven, and driven hard. At least in a straight line, lol.
:wink:

Maybe the guy times his 0-60 in his driveway or something.

I think it looks fantastic.

Agree on the bias ply tires. They even make modern radials that look like the old bias ply tires, so there isn't much reason to stick with the old tires anymore.

This will auction for several hundred thousand dollars, maybe over $500K like a few others. I doubt it will ever see the road again. That sucks.

Have I mentioned that Bald Eagle, American flag t-shirt wearing Pragestock Jeff has a COPO Camaro...orange...with a 427?

Someday I'll actually get a picture of it. I've only seen it once. He gets it out of his dad's barn once or twice a year.

The thermal bypass pipe has engine paint on it because when the motors were originally build, that part was installed before the engine was painted at the factory:

"These heater hoses have the correct ribs and clamps for the build date of this Yenko. The bypass hose, edges of the aluminum intake, valve cover lips, and gasket have overspray because these parts were installed when the engine was painted at the Tonawanda engine assembly plant. A masking cover was placed over parts of the engine to keep the overspray to a minimum."
221.jpg

http://www.chevydiy.com/how-to-restore-your-camaro-engine-rebuilding-guide/

COPO? Make mine a Yenko
IMG_1533.JPG

Back