1966 Coronet Hemi

Friend of mine in high school had one. He wasn't even a gear head and didn't understand what he had. Wrecked it within year and totaled it.

That is awesome.

I went to high school with a guy who had a coronet of this vintage he restored with his dad. That car was a non-numbers matching 440, but it was still fricken awesome.

If I remember it right it was a 440 magnum engine with te 6 pack 2 banks carbs. Not sure if that is any different than any other 440 motor.

If I remember it right it was a 440 magnum engine with te 6 pack 2 banks carbs. Not sure if that is any different than any other 440 motor.

If it was a 66, then he added that setup - and that's cool.

There was no 6 pack/6 barrel setup available until 69.

A 6 pack is a bear to tune for performance and keep it tuned. At least there are more efficient ways to make as much or more power in terms of carb/intake setups. But nothing beats it for WOW factor when you pop the hood.

A 6 pack is a bear to tune for performance and keep it tuned. At least there are more efficient ways to make as much or more power in terms of carb/intake setups. But nothing beats it for WOW factor when you pop the hood.

I'm sure he did add it, as the car and engine were not matching numbers. I remember the car was originally a 6 cylinder with a solid body and the go fast motor, trans, and rear end came from a different car. I don't recall the year, but it had that same weird rear window and roof line as the car in the video. It looked just like my wife's (then girlfriend) high school beater dodge dart.

I always liked the cross ram better.
SC0510-90131_6.jpg

Back