1959 Princeton

Mojo will recover old tweed amps. That may be an option if the wood is okay. As for the amp itself, I would recap it and possibly upgrade the transformers to use a grounded plug.

Mojo will recover old tweed amps. That may be an option if the wood is okay. As for the amp itself, I would recap it and possibly upgrade the transformers to use a grounded plug.

Mojo makes some good cabs and does some nice recovering work.

But you do NOT send a real '59 Princeton cab to Mojo to use contact cement on. You send it to either ...
http://www.vintage-amp.com/
http://amprestoration.com/
Who'll do a good job repairing the wood, use real hide glue, and can age the cab a little so it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb with the chassis in it. And yes, I dealt with both.

Thanks, Bob, for posting this.

Long story short. My son and I are cleaning out an old tv/radio shop. This amp is only a small part of what has been found. The shop is falling apart as is, so we're trying to salvage as much as possible. I'll try to get some pics up of the first night's haul.

Thanks, Bob, for posting this.

Long story short. My son and I are cleaning out an old tv/radio shop. This amp is only a small part of what has been found. The shop is falling apart as is, so we're trying to salvage as much as possible. I'll try to get some pics up of the first night's haul.

Can't wait to hear about any other gems that are discovered.

93df8f7bbf008b1a7dc04df6adba15df.jpg

144f211fbc34c2ba1a976464b6700f23.jpg

93ebd32a17a00d787dfdd7269af0e86d.jpg

Just a few odds and ends

I may be an idiot, but I'm going to try to salvage tis cabinet. it's pretty much useless at this point, so I don't figure I can do much more harm. if it doesn't work out, i'll be sending it to Bob to get a new cab built. I already have a tweed guitar case that will be the donor for the covering. it's not the exact pattern, but it's beautifully aged.

the teardown of the cab. I had already pulled the chassis and the speaker when I started taking pics, so here we go

as ya'll can see, I have tons of work ahead of me. this is going to be a long, and I'm sure, time consuming process. stay tuned

Oh, dear Jeebus! How does that even happen? Did whatever ate the wood affect the guts of the amp?

Back