1959 Princeton

Bob411

thrumming with potential
amp 1.jpg
amp 2.jpg
amp 3.jpg
amp 4.jpg

When you have to put a dropcloth under your amp to keep it from jacking up your floor, the craigslist condition is not "good", ok? :wink:

Last edited:
I'd tent it, throw in a bug bomb, hit it with compressed air to blow the gunk out.
Make sure it functions properly and safely and use it as-is.

Looks like one of those amps that went underwater during the Nashville flood of 2010. A lot of submurged gear was dried out and then sold to unsuspecting buyers. If the gear wasn't sold directly to the musicians, it was scooped up for cents on the dollar by stores that sold it without disclosing that it was flood damaged equipment.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that this Princeton was one of them. If not, it sure looks like it's seen its share of moisture.

Reactions: Tig
Looks like one of those amps that went underwater during the Nashville flood of 2010. A lot of submurged gear was dried out and then sold to unsuspecting buyers. If the gear wasn't sold directly to the musicians, it was scooped up for cents on the dollar by stores that sold it without disclosing that it was flood damaged equipment.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that this Princeton was one of them. If not, it sure looks like it's seen its share of moisture.

This is from somewhere in Arkansas. Free, he also got an Alamo amp, and lifetime supply of tubes.

Word of caution. All those old Tweeds had an abestsos pad on the inside of the back panel. Make sure that isn't too frayed, worn, torn, etc.

Back