Tig

Fucktangular
Some report 46 dead in a series of attacks and explosions across the city. :(
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

2E7FB99000000578-3320420-image-a-2_1447686816268.jpg

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/hostages-eagles-of-death-metal/

Last edited:
And the conclusions people jump to over here already....:(

I don't want to turn this political, but it's horrible how when a bad thing like this happens it's always blame the religion rather than the actual people who did it.
There are nutters in every country/religion/social class or whatever you'd want to call it.

Reports are that the band was outside the venue when the attack took place. Consequence of sound's twitter account is listing 100 hostages at the theater.

Sad sad stuff

I'm loving how everyone over here assumes it was so-and-so who did it, and it will obviously creep over our borders with the recent Syrian refugee crisis.
That was a lot of peoples reactions a few years ago when an extreme right wing Norwegian slaughtered 80+ of his own countrymen, before they actually knew who did it.

Their true faces came out that day. And that's a face I'd rather not see again.

No, fuck that. I've fucking had it with those people and their intolerances.
Look it up. Most murders and stuff like that are done by your own people.
There's good and bad in every people.
At least try to be a bit reasonable.

:(

Its fucking bullshit that these things happen

It is.

And we need to remind ourselves. We as "Christians" are the absolute worst of the lot, historically.
So "before you cast the stone and all that shit".

I'll stop there before I get angry. But I do get incredibly pissed off at Christians taking that holier than thou attitude when things like this happen.
Don't fucking pretend you never did anything wrong. We all have.

I'm loving how everyone over here assumes it was so-and-so who did it, and it will obviously creep over our borders with the recent Syrian refugee crisis.
That was a lot of peoples reactions a few years ago when an extreme right wing Norwegian slaughtered 80+ of his own countrymen, before they actually knew who did it.

You can imagine how batshit my local news station has been going, or at least their Facebook page. Oh, plus plenty of "Have they surrendered yet?" jokes. :annoyed:

This is a terrible tragedy and the worst thing we can do is jump to conclusions and stereotypes. Mojo to all of Paris and any formites with friends and family there.

It is.

And we need to remind ourselves. We as "Christians" are the absolute worst of the lot, historically.
So "before you cast the stone and all that shit".

I'll stop there before I get angry. But I do get incredibly pissed off at Christians taking that holier than thou attitude when things like this happen.
Don't fucking pretend you never did anything wrong. We all have.

I'm sure Dave could attest to this, who is actually a practicing Christian.

Just be a good man, and you get what you deserve. That's a good rule for me. :)

You can imagine how batshit my local news station has been going, or at least their Facebook page. Oh, plus plenty of "Have they surrendered yet?" jokes. :annoyed:

This is a terrible tragedy and the worst thing we can do is jump to conclusions and stereotypes. Mojo to all of Paris and any formites with friends and family there.

It's gone really ugly over here lately, particularly with the influx of Syrian refugees.
People are talking about closing the borders, forgetting all about the conditions of where these people are coming from.
And naturally they're all terrorists and rapists and you name it.

People who have setup shelters have received death threats. And people are burning down places that are about to be shelters.
Seriously, I want to cry. This is not the world I signed up for.

Are most people that fucking cold?

Whoah, calm man. This doesn't look like some random flake. Nobody knows what it is yet. All we know is innocent people have been slaughtered. The only assumptions I see on here at the moment are yours. Just chill until we know.

Whoah, calm man. This doesn't look like some random flake. Nobody knows what it is yet. All we know is innocent people have been slaughtered. The only assumptions I see on here at the moment are yours. Just chill until we know.
I'm assuming that folks in Norway like Dexter (and much of Europe) have had a very different experience than we have here in the US (also I'm not sure where you live so forgive me if I make assumptions). I don't condone denouncing folks for their religion or anything else but I do agree with him that people need to wait for evidence and not start witch hunts based on prejudice.

I also have the put a general reminder about not posting about politics and religion out there for everyone. I'm heading out to an early gig right now so I can't really keep an eye on this as it develops.,,,

I'm sure Dave could attest to this, who is actually a practicing Christian.

Just be a good man, and you get what you deserve. That's a good rule for me. :)

There have been enough atrocities that have taken place in the 'name' of Christianity or any other religion or non-religion. When I heard about what was going on in Paris tonight my first reaction was to weep. Weep for those who lost loved ones. Weep for the inevitable backlash against the innocent. Weep for a world where this is becoming the norm.

But I refuse to stop clinging to hope. I will not attach 'blame' to anything other than the twisted, deceived individuals who somehow thought that the killing of the innocent was in any way a good thing. And I pray for all involved that from this carnage something good will emerge. I do not know how, but I know it can be so.

Back