iamjethro

a good kind of terrible
I find myself wanting an electric 12 tring. I wanna jangle.

I do not want to spend, however. What inexpensive 12 string does someone have experience with that they would like to recommend.

My inner McGuinn is calling.

The ncie thing about an electric 12 string is that you don't need to spend a ton of money to get something that does the job. And most of us don't use one enough to justify owning a nice Rick 12.

I wish I could find a used one around here for a good deal to see if I like it as much as I hope.

I've got a Peavey Milestone 12 that does the job. Can't seem to find any used ones online right now, though.

For $349, I'd check this out:
71GpEBzh8HL._SL1500_.jpg

Luna makes a 12-string electric, but it is $519, and really doesn't look all that good to me.

I played this one for a while a few months ago at GC. If I didn't think my wife would have killed me for buying another guitar, it would have come home with me.

dano.png

I bought a cheap Alex Chase 12-string many years back. It's pretty cool for those moments when I want to go electric 12.

IMGP9596_zps25bae65c.jpg

I like my Tak 12-string A/E. Because it has maple B&S, it's rather bright, and if I plug it into the appropriate effects, I can get a very creditable Ric 360-12 vibe out of it, plus it's a cannon unplugged. Only issue is that the neck IS thicker than an electric 12-string, but that never really bugs me...

Back