12 String simulator pedal?

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
So I've been using the mono pitch shift on my Zoom processor for some 12 string things and as long as you don't let a note ring it's not bad on the lower strings... but lately we're playing more Beatles stuff and this approach isn't working

I don't want to spend the bucks for a POG (even a nano POG is 200 buck) since it's overkill.

I've heard about the Digitech Mosaic, may go check that out at GC this weekend.

Any other suggestions (besides buying a Ricky 12 string?)

DIR

12 string sims aren't authentic because they octave up everything. 12 strings are unison on the high e and b. So the pedals sound weird.

Supposedly that's the beauty of the Mosaic... it has unison (or at least more unison) on the high e and b.

Recording or live? For recording, I love doubling with a "Nashville tuning" guitar, with just the skinny strings from a 12er set. If I was doing more electric, I might just capo at 12 and overdub.

Supposedly that's the beauty of the Mosaic... it has unison (or at least more unison) on the high e and b.

I can't remember who's rig rundown it was, but they used the Mosaic for a 12 string effect. He didn't demo it, he just pointed to the pedal and said I use that for a 12 string sound so I don't have to bring my 12 string on the road.

Recording or live? For recording, I love doubling with a "Nashville tuning" guitar, with just the skinny strings from a 12er set. If I was doing more electric, I might just capo at 12 and overdub.

Live, we don't record much... :wink:

Well I tried one out at Sam Ash, it was OK, nothing special, there is a hint of octave on the high strings, guess they left some (not nearly as much as the low strings) in there for some secret sauce.

For $150 I felt it wasn't worth it, my Zoom G3's pitch shifter does basically the same thing. $150 for a one trick pony is OK if it's really good... the Mosaic is just kinda "meh". Probably does what it does better than others for the full 12 string thing versus a pure pitch shift but not worth it for me.

I can't remember who's rig rundown it was, but they used the Mosaic for a 12 string effect. He didn't demo it, he just pointed to the pedal and said I use that for a 12 string sound so I don't have to bring my 12 string on the road.

Johnny Hiland. He only uses legit stuff, so his 12str pedal will probably be as good as you'd ever want.

Back