vhdgdpqlkrnwja6rakdx.jpg

ih5x4tgnharvmsoqo639.jpg

hbzishltzg3qbudmqn38.jpg

a0ggm4bntgfhcuoysp8b.jpg

sc91kinpsvwyxawfowdw.jpg

kcmp4eyh5qnwqknafvv9.jpg

yjs84om9ouxaofmc63st.jpg

1994 Greven FXN White Lady

Wonderful expanded 000-body shape FXN Guitar by John Greven. 0000, F body style. Incredible guitar. Plays and sounds wonderful. The most unique appointments including beautiful Brazilian Rosewood back/sides with beautiful color, very light spruce top, carved heel, slotted headstock, torch inlays, abalone inlays on top and back, appears to be French polish. Tuners were changed/upgraded. The guitar has the beautiful White Lady appointments. In excellent condition overall. Not mint, but definitely excellent condition with no issues. Comes with original case.

Too blingy for my personal aesthetic, but that is one gorgeous guitar. Greven has a very good rep and with that wood selection/body size that is probably an absolutely killer fingerstyle guitar. Amazing that the spruce on a 20 year old guitar is still that light. Must have been almost white when it was built. I would LOVE to play that. Price is probably a kings ransom though.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------------------^----
Like-O-Meter

Looks expensive.
:lol:

Not what I am looking for in an acoustic, but other than the ridiculous carving at the base of the neck I like it.

Too blingy for my personal aesthetic, but that is one gorgeous guitar. Greven has a very good rep and with that wood selection/body size that is probably an absolutely killer fingerstyle guitar. Amazing that the spruce on a 20 year old guitar is still that light. Must have been almost white when it was built. I would LOVE to play that. Price is probably a kings ransom though.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------------------^----
Like-O-Meter

Price is $6k. They'll definitely take the leg, but your arm might stick it out.

And yeah, his work is amazing. IIRC he worked for George Gruhn early on and his vintage spec builds are done amazingly well. He's built a couple of Jumbos for Mary Chapin Carpenter that are really cool and will likely blow away any J200 you can find.

I love this. It would just be a nice living room guitar for me, which could never justify the astronomical price that I'm somehow certain that they're asking for it, but it sure is purty.

Price is $6k. They'll definitely take the leg, but your arm might stick it out.

And yeah, his work is amazing. IIRC he worked for George Gruhn early on and his vintage spec builds are done amazingly well. He's built a couple of Jumbos for Mary Chapin Carpenter that are really cool and will likely blow away any J200 you can find.

$6K is actually less than I was thinking. Expensive. But all things considered that is not a bad price at all. WAY beyond my budget, but I was imagining more like $9k.

I like it ... a lot. Though I'm more of a dreadnaught kinda guy.

Must be out of my price range.

I just can't get into the small body/slotted headstock thing, but I am sure it is a great guitar, but not my style at all.

I can't make any comment on the neck carving; here is a shot of my banjo's neck:
33023-51352132062009.jpg

If it's not going to have a cutaway I need a 14-fret neck attachment (and a hacksaw, kerfing, and glue...I'll get my cutaway by any means necessary :thu:).

Nice piece of work, but not for me.

Back