WTF: $116k for Grateful Dead tickets. Are you f**king nuts???

Keep this in mind from the article: "That's a whole lot more than the face value of the tickets, which were originally priced at between $60 and $200."

Those folks with the Dead sticker on the Porsche are the only ones buying these Stub Hub greed tickets.

I guess I got a bargain back in the 70s when I saw them with a living Jerry for about $10. Fuck Stubhub.

Ticket prices for almost all major acts as stupid theses days. That is why I generally only see les popular bands or local acts.
$60-200 for this event is more than I would spend, but considering all the aspects, sensible. (I think the $200 might be for the 3-night package.) $116k is just fucking insane for anything.

For the price charged you could hire a grateful dead tribute band that would probably do a better job than the current remaining members. Just 'sayin.

I guess I might need to rethink my plan to show up empty-handed and bum a free ticket off somebody, like they used to do in the old days.

Miracle tickets are a thing of the past.
I once got a miracle ticket back in the day after getting ripped off for my ticket money when they were playing multiple nights at the Felt Forum in NY.

Fuck that. Trey is no Jerry. I saw Phil play with Ratdog and was underwhelmed.

The past is behind us, and the Dead had a great run. It's over.

I never liked them much. I've probably seen them 20 times. In the 80's I almost always got free tickets through a family connection. If I had $116k, I'd pay off my mortgage.

Back