hpigpkobcrjlbigf3mve.jpg

sv9tlj17gevbucfevrka.jpg

tjkdpclpdrano3jdjfwq.jpg

ata80zndphgb2o7xoli0.jpg

ihfn7hmnh4gmfoyu4uie.jpg

pfbfly2sjq1r4vcbjn33.jpg

hphjjtaxod6nns0dmfpd.jpg

2012 Bourgeois Luthier’s Choice Custom Small Jumbo

Bourgeois Guitars is pleased to offer a series of instruments showcasing Dana’s love of fine tonewoods and his personal sense of visual style. The Luthier’s Choice Custom series (LCC) is a collection of guitars individually designed by Dana, featuring extraordinary tonewoods in one-of-a-kind custom packages. By definition and design, these guitars cannot be custom ordered, nor can they be reserved in advance of building. Dana is proud to have built thousands of guitars in his life to the specifications of others, but this is his chance to build exactly what he wants! For 2012, Dana designed and built five for the series. Now is your chance to own one of these beautiful and truly unique instruments.

Body: Solid Master Grade Adirondack Spruce top. Solid beeswing-figured Purpleheart back and sides. Abalone soundhole rosette. Multi-ply Ziricote binding on top and back. Inlaid back strip. Small Jumbo body size. 15 ½” across lower bout.4 ¼” deep.

Neck: Mahogany. Gentle V shape. Diamond volute. Square headstock with Ziricote veneer, pearl logo and Ziricote/black/Maple binding. Ebony fretboard with pearl snowflake inlay and Ziricote/black/white binding. 1 23/32” nut.

Pickups/Hardware: Ebony belly bridge. Bone nut and bridge pins. “Tor-tis” pickguard. Gold Waverly openback tuners with ebony buttons.

Cosmetics: This guitar is in incredible condition and looks to be barely played. Frets show no divots or worn spots. Finish on body and neck is clean and free of cracks, dings or other marks. Purpleheart back and sides are vibrant and three-dimensionally figured. Tuners and inlays are bright and shiny.

Playability: Plays as good as it looks! Gentle V shape neck is very comfortable with a matte finish that slides easily under the hand. The body shape—like a jumbo, but smaller—strikes a perfect balance between comfort and commanding tone and provides an excellent platform for both rhythm work and fingerpicking.

Weight: 4 lbs, 6 oz.

Case: Original hard shell case., with all original paperwork including blank warranty form and signed certificate by Dana Bourgeois

Other than the sharp rectangular headstock, and the overtorted pickguard, that is a beauty.

I love everything about that except the inlay. Awesome guitar. That is my favorite acoustic body size (small jumbo). Everyone has their own take on the exact shape but it seems to split the difference between strumming and fingerstyle quite nicely. I have never played an acoustic with a purpleheart wood body though. I'm guessing it is a rosewoodish tone....

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------------------^----
Like-O-Meter

I have never played an acoustic with a purpleheart wood body though. I'm guessing it is a rosewoodish tone....

Well, since rose + blue = purple, I'm assuming it's a bluesier version of rosewood! :wink:

I also love the small jumbo size. I have an old Tacoma EM9 that needs a neck reset, but that was my favorite for a long, long time.

Back