opyef1tffgvyqq3q46vp.jpg

afrheosetfa5zxld2txi.jpg

vwain0rl0kjrycgpcs9e.jpg

uyslhohwb9i0omvevogz.jpg

lu7ixv6xe117whm4cdyr.jpg

upmbeipju5v86hozzb5j.jpg

pqjetskvledqghoadn5d.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Custom 1977 Silver 25th Anniversary

Another stunning axe from my personal collection: the 25th Anniversary model was a Special Edition commissioned by Hollywood's Guitar Center store in 1977 to commemorate the Les Paul guitar's Silver Anniversary and had the event etched onto the stop tailpice ( last photo). Also the black pickguards where engraved into the white layer with the Les Paul Logo. Extremely clean condition, all original.Comes with original case.

Is what's going on at the back of the headstock just a finish crack?

What is the significance of "BLACK" in the neck pickup cavity?

I'd probably pay to have the corroded/worn tailpiec and screws re-finished, to be honest.

Overall, I like it.

Is what's going on at the back of the headstock just a finish crack?

What is the significance of "BLACK" in the neck pickup cavity?

Looks like normal checking on what is likely a 3-piece neck. The lines look pretty uniform.

"BLACK" means it needed to be a solid color.

Considering it's Block Inlay Jr.'s birthday and I love LP Customs, I say great guitar and great block inlays!

meh...I'm not a big Les Paul fan (for me, others make some of the most beautiful music with them). I prefer juniors and specials (or better yet, Hamer's take on them). As far as customs go, I like them black and lightweight...an original Black Beauty is something I'd love. Like one n'ere:

Les%20PaulB4VEBGH-2.jpg

Youch...blurry, but I even like this one with the Bigsby and ceiling lamp graphic:

gibson-1954-les-paul-custom-black-beauty-bigsby-vos-vos-ebony-506990.jpg

The blurry one's suposed an original '54, while the mangled one (due to the horrid metal contraption) is a modern VOS.

"BLACK" means it needed to be a solid color.

What's hilarious about this is that it implies a sort of quality control on aesthetics, but just about every Norlin-era 'burst I've seen clearly shows the seams for the different pieces of the top, and not in an attractive way.

Back