t0aifkaiz0rxmg2qgscb.jpg

hbya2iyl1iqotlpqi9ff.jpg

lfbaosqgj1o4panrk7an.jpg

kqfgbunr9zffdkkthpu6.jpg

wzvljcdc2yk5tgenemyl.jpg

gdgb7sqncfgwyjpqg2c0.jpg

Gibson SG Stereo Deluxe Walnut 1972

Body: Mahogany

Neck: Mahogany neck with a medium-round profile, 1 9/16” wide nut, rosewood fretboard, 12” radius, and block inlays

Pickups/Hardware: Gibson/Grover tuners, two Gibson embossed humbuckers (Rated at 7.4kOhms), three-way pickup selector switch, independent volume and tone controls, two-way switches (Electronics all original, visible ’71 pot codes)

Cosmetic Condition: The top has a fair amount of play wear not he guard and control plate as well as some minor dings and divots but overall the guitar is looking good for its age. There is a heavy gouge on the bass edge of the lower bout as well as some other chips and dings around the body but the guitar is structurally sound all around. The back has some light buckle rash but overall the finish is looking good. The neck lacquer has some gouges and dings here and there but overall it plays well and looks nice and glossy. The headstock has some minor wing separation and a fair amount of dings around the edges but no cracks or repairs. This Stereo SG is looking nice for its age!

Playability: The strings are low, play nicely, and ring out clearly across the board.

Modifications/Repairs: None

Weight: 7lbs 5oz

Case: Non-original hardshell

I don't like the Gibson engraved on the pickup covers, but other than that, yes.

That is what real 'relicing' looks like. It's ok. Nothing I have any interest in but is probably a great find for a SG fan.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-----------^--------------
Like-O-Meter

No thanks. Since it is a stereo guitar, I have twice the hate for the pickguard and the plastic plate under the controls.

Not my favorite SG by a long shot, but I wouldn't kick it out of bed, either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

I'd say cool.

If it was priced fairly, I may even had been interested. I've been wanting a guitar from my birth year.

I don't like the Gibson engraved on the pickup covers, but other than that, yes.

My Uncle's ES-335 has "Gibson" Embossed pickups.

I like most SGs, but I hate those '70s ones with the top-routed control plate :ack:
Don't care much for Bigsbys on SGs, either.

+1
I'm not so wild about that either. As a result of this front routing feature, 1971 & 72 SGs are among some of the least desirable vintage SGs.

Also I'm not so wild about the On/Off pickup selector switches - they don't look right to me on an SG, and look too much like a cost cutting measure.

This guitar is only OK to me.

Back