hbmyapzgxwpsbywcsnb8.jpg

ghzpcfme9vgmchrtn1l5.jpg

ymdl9kmh4bpydk5gtxx6.jpg

huodxhghztflff8mnrli.jpg

uvwkx7ztgzfk3sw1ezxz.jpg

mt64hrxnic292rmnqbye.jpg

hxmui1ymr6ztrfql9bq7.jpg

Jerry Jones Supreme Sitar 2000's

Jerry Jones Supreme Electric Sitar. This sitar is modeled after the 1967 Coral Sitar!

NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION!!!! These are VERY hard to find. Let alone in this condition!
Jerry Jones Supreme Electric Sitar. Comes with a softcase. Overall great condition.
Supreme Electric Sitar

The "Supreme" model takes sitar playing to a whole new level. The 13 sympathetic strings of the Master Sitar have been replaced with a short, non-fretted neck with 6 drone strings. This short neck has its own tuning keys and "Buzz-Bridge" making it much more versatile. Now, both necks produce that now familiar whirring sound and make the Supreme Sitar a real "Western Sizzler". Great for stage or studio!
Features:
• string gauges are: 9-42
• nut width is 1 11/16"
• 25" scale length and a 21 fret neck
• Indian rosewood fingerboard w/14.5" radius
• trussrod adjustment accessible at the heel
• quality enclosed Gotoh® tuning keys
• sitar Buzz-Bridge for both necks
• 6 tunable drone strings

I didn't understand the short neck until I read that it was a sitar.
Pretty cool. I'd like to play it, but I don't think I need to own it.

I love it.

This is probably the least-assed version of an electric sitar that I've seen. Things are kept pretty simple and tasteful. Most of these are train wrecks.

electric-sitar.jpg
images.jpg

I wouldn't mind playing one just to see what it can do. I cannot ever see a need to own one though.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-----------^---------------
Like-O-Meter

So cool. If they had dependable resale, I'd get one and sell it a few years later when i got sick of it. Maybe i could rent immense for a year ...
And i agree that I'd like to hear more electric sitar in pop music nowadays.

In the 60's, our lead guitarist would rent an electric sitar for gigs to play Norwegian Wood and Paint it Black. The one we used to use had the sympathetic strings, but not the second neck.

I have tried to convince Yvonne to release a Luna electric sitar' I hope it is on the drawing board somewhere.

I'm not a big fan of electric sitars. I would only get one if it was downright cheap, due to the fact that I saw a YouTube vid of Ed Mundell (formerly of Monster Magnet), who got some seriously cool sounds out of a Rogue electric sitar.

I considered a banjo on today's SDOTD, but from where I am now, that's as "out there" as I might be willing to go. So thank you, but no thanks.

Of no practical use to me and I'm not a fan of the looks. However it is a damn sight better than the versions Guitar Heel posted so if suits you, fill your boots.

Back