GPOTD 10.24.14

as if the guitar didn't have enough RED on it.....he had to lay it on a RED cloth to show off the RED-ness of the guitar.....even the back of the neck is RED.....hmmm.

oh yea.....that is NOT a good repair on the headstock.....DO NOT WANT

Actually, at the time it did exist. Gibson and Fender were both struggling to compete with the Superstrat market in the early '90's. Interest in LP's, Strats and Teles would explode again shortly after this model was made, but they had been out of fashion for nearly a decade at this point (I bought two LP's, a Srtat and Ric for a total of $1200 between '89 and '93). That was why Gibson rolled out the MIII in the first place.

Their problem. Not ours.

:wink:

I played one of those many moons ago. I'd hit it.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

A Turd Huh??
Well I guess we'll just have to wait & see on that Huh?
I got the guy to let it go for a hundred less & for ANY LP besides the LPJ that would be a deal..

This is the only forum that had any activity on the 1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite MIIIs Pics in the last 6 months
You either want it but have to complain anyhow about how badly you really want it..
I guess I'll be the one with the turd polish..

A Turd Huh??
I got the guy to let it go for a hundred less & for ANY LP besides the LPJ that would be a deal..

This is the only forum that had any activity on the 1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite MIIIs Pics in the last 6 months
You either want it but have to complain anyhow about how badly you really want it..

Welcome.

Have you received the guitar?

Pics and clips?

Of course, everyone is going to jump to judgements based on pics and description.

Maybe you did get a great guitar for a very low price. Maybe you got a turd. Who knows other than you and the seller?

The ugly headstock repair scares me. If it weren't for that, I'd have thought it was a decent deal.

I won't have the axe for around a week or so as it's in Nashville Tn..
Knob Creek machine gun shoot this weekend so this won't leave any time for Turd Polishing..

I have never had a guitar with a "Busted HeadStock" in my 36 years of playing..
I've never dropped a guitar either..

The seller is a great guy & wanted the transaction to be right..
The repair is strong but not pretty..
I guess I'll post a few pictures later on when I get the GLPSLMIII untill then have your fun..
Hk

A Turd Huh??

Cool you found this thread. Post pics when you get it.
Are you going to do anything with that ugly repair or leave it?

Weighing my options currently on the repair, I'll really just have to wait & see/hear..
Here's an UGLY Headstock Break & Repair with Splints Yet..

split_2.jpg

splints_plugged.jpg

splint_sanded.jpg

finish.jpg

Last edited:
BTW The seller is not the repairman of the broken headstock just to be clear, As if He had done it I think I'd be much more happier with the outcome..
Also NOTE: That the 10th sound that the MIII has on tap is Neck/2 is a bypass = No Sound, Neck/Mid/2 is choked thru a small coil & cap in the control cavity..
The seller worked @ Gibson during the late 80s early 90s & ashures me the break is solid & stays in tune great, I Know, I Know I'll just have to wait & see on that..
He also told me that more of the studios during this time got Grade B Ebony boards than the Rosewood?

I haven't found many of these for sale but did find this 1995 Blue MIII @ GCs used Gear Page, Was $1099.99 Now $829.99
110107825_lg.jpg

Now What happened to the Necks Pickup Ring?

Back