GPOTD 10.21.14 (Kerouac Concert Series Edition)

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Tonite is the first of Wilco's two night run at the Ryman Auditorium, and I was lucky enough to get tickets. So for a bonus GPotD, here's their entire touring guitar rig, circa 2012...

Wilco-37-Stg-Left-Gtr-World-Tweedy.jpg

Wilco-37-Stg-Right-Gtr-World-2.jpg

Wilco-37-Stg-Right-Guitar-World.jpg

Wilco-37-Stg-Left-Gtr-World-2.jpg

Well, you need a back-up... for each song. :embarrassed:
Do they use a lot of different tunings? Because then you need a main and backup for each...plus some others for mood and variety, with backups for those...then you need a couple in case someone sits in, and backups for those...

Wow! My singer used to yell at me that three guitars for a gig were too many. LOL

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

What I wouldn't give to spend a week at the Loft when the guys aren't on the road. Hell, I would probably need a month.

Great if you have roadies. I brought a 6-string, 12-string, and electric to my Kiwanis Beach gig and it was a pain. :grin:

Plus three quitar players.

This first time I saw Wilco, Nels only played the Watt JM. That was before he did an album with them (the tour they recorded Kicking Television on). Now he mixes it up a bit. I think Pat only plays the 1 tele, the second is probably a backup. I think Jeff switches guitars every song :grin:

The last time I saw them, Nels wasn't a part of the band.

I'm looking forward to his duet album with Julian Lage, though.

Reactions: Tig
Back