GPOTD 10.18.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
kthnjxktq9s7cumzddbx.jpg

Gorgeous Gibson Memphis ES-335 in an invigorating Light Burst! The 335’s are renowned for their extreme versatility and rich tone! Never have i ever played a bad 335 and this year’s batch has been no different! SEE many HD images below!

UNPLAYED! 2017 Gibson Memphis Late Sixties ES-335 Light Burst ES-335TD +OHSC and COA

WEIGHS in at 7.8lbs

SKU 607

By the late 1960s, Gibson’s flagship semi-solidbody featured a slimmer, narrower neck offering fast action and easy playabilty, and came with durable, tarnish resistant chrome hardware. Gibson Memphis is pleased to present this 2016 Limited Edition incorporating these features with a pair of MHS humbuckers and the Memphis Tone circuit, designed to bring out the best tone a semi-solid has to offer.

Body: Semi-solid construction with lightweight centerblock
Neck: Period correct slimmer, narrower neck
Fingerboard: Dark rosewood with small block inlays
Pickups: Calibrated MHS humbuckers
Bridge: Wired’ ABR-1 bridge
Tailpiece: Chrome plated trapeze tailpiece
Tuners: Kluson tuners
Finish: VOS Nitrocellulose light burst finish

https://reverb.com/item/6894166-unp...ties-es-335-light-burst-es-335td-ohsc-and-coa

Well, my experience with my Gibson tells me differently. idn_smilie

I'm very happy you have a unicorn, Gary. It's a shame "what's wrong with it?" is the expectation with Gibson.

The guitar in the OP has this:

kmxn470dwcguqp9oym4a.jpg

Now that's not going to affect playability, and I'm 100% certain most people would look past it. Still, it begs the question, "why is a $3000 instrument blemished in any way?"

Not a fan of that burst (I prefer a tobacco burst on 335's) and that tailpiece has got to go.

Meh, I'll just keep mine instead.

Sometimes you play every guitar in the room, and the best one is a Gibson. It just doesn't happen enough, for a variety of reasons.

My reaction to every Gibson I have played ha been the same. Nice guitars, but they don't excite me at all. I've never been much of a set neck guy anyway.

Back