Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
wrldlvwavzkuzygtbtpy.jpg

eispbb1alb5rgf0ak5xa.jpg

xvbvlpqbh0qnwp8srw2x.jpg

xhj6lyrmdqu0ljyrqto9.jpg

vopyiph8ves6gl1y2kug.jpg

Jennings Catalina 2016 Black Dog Hair

Soft case included, or a custom Jennings GandG hard shell case can be purchased for $200.

Specs:

Neck- Maple with Ebony fingerboard, White mother of pearl dots, tinted nitro finish, and white binding.
Radius- 12 in.
Scale Length- 25.5 in
Shape- medium C
Nut- hand shaped bleached bone
Frets- medium Nickel/silver
Double action truss rod
Vintage style 6 in-line tuners

Body- 2 piece mahogany back, 2 piece mahogany cap, dog hair black nitro finish, and white binding.
Standard hip cut with matching inner contour for maximum comfort and chamber volume.
Pickups- McNelly Pickups Silverfoil Cornucopias Neck/Bridge
Bigsby tremolo and roller bridge
500k Alpha pots, Mojotone Dijon 22nf Capacitor, 3 way switchcraft toggle switch
Black three ply pickguard.

https://reverb.com/item/3049112-jennings-catalina-2016-black-dog-hair

Damn, I want to love it, but there are a few things that need to be changed before I can...

24.75" scale...
Hard tail...
Lose the lower F hole...

Build me that and I will name it George...

That guitar is to a Kauer Daylighter as when Kia makes a car that kinda looks like a BMW. :helper:

I like it, but if we're to spend that kind of money on something like that, I'd be talking to Dougk.

Also, the pickguard at the upper horn needs to have a concave curve to more closely match the horn.

I know I'm in the minority in this forum on this but I HATE that tailpiece style. I don't care how good it is, how great the intonation is...they are just plain fugly and I hate them. There, I said it.
The headstock is ugly too.

I'll take the tort version with a hard tail.

As for the OP....I agree that it looks a lot like someone trying to build a Kauer. I do like it though. That black finish is sexy...

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-------------^-------------
Like-O-Meter

Back