GPOTD 10.17.19

Seen a lot worse but it's not for me as I want 22 frets. Impressed with the honesty, pricing and return policy.

Thought that tailpiece looked familiar...

Oh, and tailpiece selfie!

Resonatortailpiece_zps16ba9ca4.jpg

I like the wood choice, and the tailpiece and pickups, but the body shape somehow doesn't fit with the concept.
And the headstock looks to much like a PRS.
Do the same thing on an LP double cut or tele style and it might work better for me.

Yeah, dat tailpiece and dem horns, but "A" for effort and I would be curious to give it a spin. In this case, if the guitar is at least decent, if not outright good, then he's selling himself short.

I don't care for the shape, but I like the features.

Same here. That shape is...off somehow. I don't care much for doublecuts to begin with. Make it a funky one and I'm out quickly.
Switch that to a cool singlecut and I'll check it out. I'm curious about those pickups. I like fat single coils.

i appreciated the honest assessment of his own work. i think he did a good job, at least as far the pictures show. i probably wouldn't buy it, but i'd give it a try if i came across it in person. i would have preferred a straighter string pull at the headstock. i'll bet it balances better on a strap than a SG. seems like a lot of guitar for $500 if the ad is correct that the "playability is all there".

Back