gtljeub4jwrp9zkgtgdw.jpg

Yankee Guitars 38 Special LE

Specs:
Body: Semi-Hollow Mahogany
Neck: 3 pc Mahogany Set in
Top: AAA Curly Maple
Fretboard: Rosewood
Headplate: AAA Curly Maple
Frets: 22 , Medium size ( not med jumbo)
Inlay: White MOP dots
Tuners: Grover vintage open gear Sta-Tites
Bridge: Tuneomatic
Tailpiece: Resonator Style
Pickups: P90 / Jazzmaster Bridge = 9k , Neck =7k
Pots: 1 vol, 1 tone, 500k
Switch: 3 way toggle
Cap: .022uf Orange Drop
Strings: Daddario XL 9's
Scale: 25"
Truss Rod: One way traditional Gibson style
Binding: Cream
Knobs: Amber Top Hat
Finish: Nitro Lacquer

Other Info:
I hand make every guitar here in New Hampshire. It is not a perfect gem but the playability is all there. The guitar plays smooth, with a slightly beefy rounded C neck profile. The guitar is very light weight and looks really sharp. It has a Vintage Cherry sunburst with the rest of the guitar a wine red. This is one of my only set neck guitars. I usually only build bolt on maple necks. So this build was a bit challenging as far as painting and buffing goes. The whole guitar is buffed up pretty but the area around the neck joint was tough for me to get at without sanding through. I did get it to look better by hand polishing it. Also I had trouble with the binding around the neck joint so there is 2 places that needed replacing of the binding. There is pictures of it that show the two spots I'm talking about. Besides that the guitar looks really nice and plays even better. The pickups have a nice overwound P90/ Jazzmaster sound. The routing cavities are made to fit humbuckers as well. It has a really gritty tone to it but cleans up nice when you roll the volume back. The middle position is good fun too. This guitar is brand new I just finished buffing and setting it up this week. The nitro has been drying for 2 months so it is time for me to sell it. I am asking 500$ because of the small defects, and I am offering a 48 hour refund period. Meaning from the day you receive the guitar I will give you 48 hours to play it and look at it to see if it is something that you want. Sleep on it ( don't really sleep on it) and if you don't like it I will refund all of your money except the return shipping. Once I have received the guitar and verified that it hasn't been damaged in any way I will refund your money. Please email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Scott Muller, Yankee Guitars

Scott is pretty self-deprecating in his description of the guitar.

For $500, I could live with the defects.

I kind of like it. That tailpiece, though.....is awful.

Might be really cool in person. Hard to tell. That is a hard color to photograph well. Shape is a little funky somehow, but I could maybe live with it. Would love to try it.

Somehow makes me think of a middle school woodshop project, especially one of my middle school woodshop projects.

I sucked at woodshop.

It does make you wonder why he didn't just "fix" the defects to give it a more professional finish.....

I dunno. I'd like to try it out. It could be a real gem, or it could be firewood, you just can't tell from the description....that tailpiece, though....it looks like it was stamped out of a Jiffy Pop container.

Maybe I should shoot over and try it out, eh?

For $500 I wouldn't even notice the defects he describes in so much detail. Something is weird, not sure what, but overall I like it.

Also, I like the tuning-peg selfie :thu:

There are things I like about it, and things I don't. Love the finish of the body, but somehow the body and the headstock don't quite work together - at least in the pic, so that could be the camera angle. I'm also not a beefy neck guy, so I'd have to feel it in my hand, or I'd pass. Other than that, the description makes it sound like it's not the builder's favorite build, and rather than fix it, he's sell as is, and moving on. That might concern me, although at least he's willing to let you give it a try for 48 hrs.

Not sure on this one. First of all, it's 21 frets, not 22 like it says in the ad. Second, I'm thinking that neck joint might be obtrusive if you were reaching for that 21st fret.

Back