GPOTD 10.15.14

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
vc4d5ejk5nevxfrwft18.jpg

pnkjufyw5uhgrrfdbjah.jpg

nqhzqozcmes1ocrxv1at.jpg

hwtx0hjhvtoept8ql4oo.jpg

Rickenbacker 325 "MKII" 2002 Autumnglo/TTB Custom

There's a long story behind this guitar which I purchased from the original owner via the Rickenbacker Resource Forum. The guitar started as a 2002 325c58 and was modified/customized as close to a 58' Capri as possible to include a 50's era 325 case. All the work completed include Winfield Vintage and Glen Lambert to include new nitro-lacquer finish, tuners, bridge plate, pick guard, selector switch, pickup and controls wiring.

I did decide to swap out the vibrato to the accent which works very well w/this guitar (which also includes the "Ac'cent" tail piece) purchased via Winfield. The Kauffman that was sent with the guitar (and custom vibrato arm) is included.

Photos attached.

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=381189

Despite the unnecessarily large pickguard (and it being a Rickenbacker) I also want this. Not sure if I'd like the neck of the scale, but I'd love to give it go.

They're kind of cool, but with a 21.5" scale length, it would be like the 320 I tried out a few years ago - it feel almost like playing a mandolin to me (and be just as cramped). I think I'd pass on this one.

Hmm. Not sure if I like the 3 pickup arrangement on that guitar. Otherwise I like it.

also, though I like the finish, I like other Ricks better.

Back